Boost pre op diet

Jen J.
on 9/8/15 4:56 am - Canada

I think any of us who have already been through this stage totally understand what you are going through.  It was the MOST difficult part for me for sure.  I had gained 18lbs over 9 months from when I signed my consent papers to when I got the call for surgery which resulted in having to do a week of boost and then 2 weeks of the Slimtime shakes...there were many days over the 3 weeks that I just wanted to give up and cheat but I did it and you can do it too!!!

Keep your eye on the prize it will be worth it!! I am 6 weeks out of surgery and I am down 50 pounds!!

Use instant coffee, use ice to keep them cold, drink lots of water, go to bed early and don't put yourself in situations where there is a lot of food! I avoided people, places and events during that 3 weeks!

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

MyJourney2015
on 9/8/15 11:34 am

OMG!!!  If I get on that table and then find out that I have to do this for longer....uuughh.  I feel so bad for the person above.  I am scheduled for the 14 in Bathurst too.  Which Dr do you have, I have Dr Savoie.  

NadiaO
on 9/8/15 6:38 pm

hi, i am also scheduled for the 14th with Dr Savoie and I thought doing the 2 weeks boost/veg diet was all I had to do ... hope my liver shrunk enough ... ughhh indeed

NadiaO
on 9/8/15 6:41 pm

Hi, I got your email but I cannot read it .  Not sure if your profile or my profile is private or if we need to be friends?? I was not able to figure it out but if you can, feel free to send me a friend request 

kimmylinder
on 9/18/15 2:26 pm - Canada

was you able to have the surgery? mine did go thru this time. i'm having a lot of back pain but still going. got to go home on the 17th.

MyJourney2015
on 9/19/15 12:54 pm

I was able to have the surgery.  I'm so happy for you that you were able to have it completed this time.  I sent you a pm.  Hope you are feeling better every day

Herbmom
on 9/21/15 8:33 am - Canada

HI there, I'm totally new and just getting the referall to a Dr in Bathurst.  Not sure how long this will take, I've been told a year or so.  I do have a question about the Boost, have they suggested anything else, just lactose is an issue for me and boost is full of dairy. HMMM  gonna start doing my homework now.

MyJourney2015
on 9/21/15 3:04 pm

Hi, I'm sure they must have another option for you.  You also get 2 cups of certain veggies.  I couldn't say how long the wait will be for a new referral.  Hopefully it moves along quickly for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1060 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1916 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1769 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1765 views