Boost pre op diet

MyJourney2015
on 9/4/15 6:18 am

It's 10 am and I'm fighting with myself to have my first boost of the day.  I am on day 5 today.  I find them so sweet that I can't take it.  I have to plug my nose while I drink it so I don't taste it.  When I let go of my nose and taste it I have to fight with myself  to keep it down.  I don't know if I can do this for another 9 days.  I don't know if it's just me but I feel so weak, I'm thankful I'm on vacation this week.....hopefully it gets better over the weekend.  The only thing that is keeping me going is that I waited so long for this opportunity.  On the plus side I'm down 12.5 lbs in 4 days.  Has anyone else had this struggle and how did you get through?

WenNB
on 9/4/15 10:53 am

I had the same experience on the Boost. I found if I crushed ice (or put it through the blender) and poured the Boost over it made it more tolerable, the colder the better as the taste was way too sweet. I was also allowed 2 cups of certain raw vegetables a day which was a big help- cucumber, tomato, cabbage, lettuce although with nothing on them.

I also became very weak, so much so that I had to stop working on week 2 as I almost passed out at work.

I lost 26 pounds on the 2 weeks of Boost, had my surgery 2 weeks ago and unfortunately have not lost a single ounce since. I'm hoping that changes soon. I'm only taking in around 750 calories a day and only about 1/2 of the 60 gm of protein recommended daily. I start pureed foods next week and am hoping more variety will make a difference.

It is a struggle of a journey but I'm hoping worth it in the long run. Keep trying, make sure to keep hydrated with water and best of luck with your surgery! You can do this!!

MyJourney2015
on 9/4/15 4:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestions with the ice and blender.  Try and be kind to yourself and remember that you just went through a major surgery.  Keep working on your protien.  This journey will be well worth it and we will both do this   :)

kimmylinder
on 9/7/15 2:16 pm - Canada

i am on week 4 of boost. i was scheduled on the 31st of aug. the surgeon started the operation but realized my liver was to big. i don't understand why. i had 3 boost a day, i walked, i even lost weight. when weighed in before the procedure, my weight loss was 27lbs in 2 weeks. he then says you need 2 more weeks of boost, so now i'm doing the 4 a day, and i've had a few cucumber slices. no real food for a long time. i was working right up until that surgery date, my new date is the 14th. he said if my liver is still to big then i will need another month of boost...that would make it 2 months...so what am i doing wrong that my liver won't shrink? frustrated 

NadiaO
on 9/7/15 5:51 pm

I can understand why you would feel frustrated :(   I sincerely hope this round works for you....  

I am also scheduled for surgery on the 14th.  I have been on Boost for a week now, starting the 2nd week.... Didn't even realize there was the possibility that the Liquid/Veg Diet would not shrink the liver enough for surgery :( 

Good luck

kimmylinder
on 9/8/15 3:07 am - Canada

thanks nadia, good luck to you to

karasmom
on 9/7/15 6:39 pm

OMG!  I was so afraid that was going to happen to me!  I did 3-4 Boosts a day and used my veggies twice and only lost 10 lbs.  hang in there girl!!!

kimmylinder
on 9/8/15 3:08 am - Canada

thanks karasmom

karasmom
on 9/27/15 3:27 am

How did it go Kimmylinder?  I've been wondering about you.

kimmylinder
on 9/27/15 10:23 am - Canada

hey karasmom, the second time around went thru. i had a lot of back pain, still do but it's coming. thank you for checking. hope all is well in your end.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1049 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1754 views