Looking for Long-Timers - 2 years + out

better_life_ahead
on 10/3/15 9:28 am, edited 10/3/15 7:57 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

Hi!

I haven't been on here in like forever, but I would like to throw out an invite to my Facebook group!!

I am from Moncton, and have had the Gastric Sleeve Surgery on February 14, 2012. I did well, started at 333 lbs from my highest and went down to 155 lbs. However my body didn't take time at all to bounce back up to 165 lbs. I seemed to have been sticking around that number for a few months, although by that time, it was already past 18 months post op and was really starting to see a huge change in my habits again. By time I hit 2 years Post Op, I found out I was pregnant and my brain shifted a whole different direction. I ended up gaining back almost 70 lbs, because I found I could not control any cravings, no longer had much of restrictions. My baby is now about to turn 1 in just a short couple weeks, and I still wasn't able to find the strength and energy to get back up on the wagon and lose the rest of the weight I've gain. I'm an emotional eater and I'm really having a hard time.

I decided to great a Facebook page for people that have been 2 + Years out of WLS and would like to join to either give or get support.

I used to come here often before surgery, and a bit after, but I noticed that most people awhile after surgery, they kind of disappear, including myself! :/

I find most post on here pertains most to Pre-Op and for the first few months or up to maybe a year after.

I personally find it easy to just be on facebook and I've been struggling lots, but I feel out of place posting here as seems not many people are posting about all the struggles a few years after surgery.

The group is secret, so anyone not part of the group won't be able to find the group or see topics, or even see members of the group, so it's more private.

I want to try to bring in people from the Martimes!! J as I know people do come here in Moncton or even Bathurst for surgery that are from PEI and also NS.

So if you are 2 years + out and would like to join my group, please let me know so we can get this thing started!!

Looking forward to chat with ya'llll!!

Thanks!

starsky466
on 12/18/15 3:51 am - Oromocto, Canada

6 yrs out...heavier than when I had the surgery...I, too, have only checked in here this morning after about 4 yrs of not doing so...by all means, add me in your other group...Starr Mackenzie

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

better_life_ahead
on 12/18/15 6:34 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

for some reason i'm having issues adding people, not sure if it's because we are not friends, but here is the link, try to join and i'll accept!

please let me know if you are have issues, if something, here is my email address, please contact me!

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/979061828804119/

better_life_ahead
on 1/14/16 5:34 am - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12

here's a link if anyone else interested in joining. 

if it doesn't work please let me know! :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/979061828804119/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1047 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1753 views