Skin Surgery?

KL_Girl
on 6/3/16 3:43 am

WOW!  That's amazing!  Do you have any idea what your out of pocket cost would be for this procedure?  I am soooo happy for you......

Cindy F.
on 6/3/16 4:19 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I'll know more after my next appointment but my bariatric surgeon said it would be around $10,000 for the full tummy tuck and lipo. My approval letter doesn't have a dollar amount on it but the plastic surgeon said it'd be around $3,700 I think. There's two ways to do the tummy tuck, 1) the 360' belt where you're cut all the way around, below the belly button and the top is pulled down and the bottom (panni), including legs, cut and pulled up to meet at the incision line; and 2) the anchor method which he's recommended for me which removing the panni portion, which is a cut along the pelvis, side to side, then straight down the middle, below my breast bone, pulling from either side, cutting and meeting in the middle. He'd also do lipo suction to my upper legs at this time in preparation for my second surgery over the winter / spring (I have a foot surgery slated for February, where I'll be laid up for 8 weeks so it could be early spring before my second plastic surgery).

My second surgery would involve pulling and removing my excess leg skin up with the incision lines at my groin, then a full backside lift along the back to meet my front anchor incision. I also want to get a breast lift and my arms done, and I'm hoping to combine these in with the two surgeries instead of having to have a third. I'm guessimating $20,000 - $25,000 for the total body.

It's pricy, I know but it's a one time thing and once this is over, I'm done! I've been with a personal trainer since last June to help get me ready, I've lost 60 lbs with him and feel I'm almost as far as I can go there. I have maybe 10 more pounds to go and then I think I'll be at my set point or place where I can maintain. I'm three years out and still battling every day to stay on top of it. I'm not near as loose as some but I have some skin to lose and that will account for probably 10 pounds as well. I'm looking forward to getting body contouring and it will also be a good, albeit pricey, incentive to maintain the loss and stay on track. I hope that helps a little and like I said, I'll have more specifics after my July 14th appointment.

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

KL_Girl
on 6/5/16 7:14 am

That's allot of info!  PLEASE keep us updated after your appointment.....very interested to find out!!!!  Good luck at that appointment!!!!

Cindy F.
on 7/29/16 7:45 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

My first surgery will take place sometime in October, the OR schedule doesn't come out until mid-late August. I'll be having the Fleur De Lis style abdominal surgery first (anchor incision). This was recommended because it does the nicest, most thorough job for someone of my shape / excess skin. The province (PEI) is paying for the panni portion (lower) and I pay the remainder. This surgery like most tummy tucks, includes repairing the stomach muscles. My portion for the surgery is $7,000, due two weeks before surgery.

I'll have to visit the surgeon the day before to get my markings done and will stay in the hospital the night after surgery. He suggested staying in the area for a few days post-op but I'm only an hour and forty five minutes away so I'll go home (I live with my sister who's a former ICU and now, Home Care RN, so I feel I'm in good hands if there's any early warning signs).

Liposuction of my upper legs will take place down the road, then the leg lift, and finishing with an arm lift (not sure about chest work yet but it would be done with the arms). Four operations in total and after reviewing estimates verbally, I expect the total will be around $25,000.

Referral sent April 2004 / First Consult-Moncton June 2012 / Surgery - February 2013

5'6" / Pre-Op 355 lbs / Current Weight 185 lbs

KL_Girl
on 7/29/16 7:57 am

WOW!  Good for you, but that sounds really painful!  I know it will all be worth it......please keep us updated!  So happy for you.....  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1053 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1907 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1759 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1756 views