What kind of food journal did the nutritionist have you keep?

threadtheneedle
on 11/16/16 7:05 am

I understand that part of the whole pre-consultation process is to see a nutritionist (twice) and to keep a food journal. I thought maybe I'd start doing it now. Can anyone tell me what information the nutritionist wanted in the food journal? Esp. the nutritionist that Dr. Boisvert has you see.

I'm assuming:

• time
  • food
  • portion/amount

did they also want to know about how much water you drank, or for you to track your hunger levels or mood? 

did you have to do it on paper, or did electronic tracking (weigh****chers, my fitness pal, etc) suffice?

Megall
on 11/16/16 4:41 pm - Canada

Originally I did it on paper.  I wrote down what I ate, and how much, and what time of day it was.  

As I progressed I started adding in how much water I was getting, and writing down how much protein was in the foods I was eating.

Eventually I started using LoseIt to track everything, and it does a beautiful job.  I log every morsel I eat, all my water, and it gives me a breakdown of my day of what I've had for protein, carbs, and fat. I  showed my LoseIt log to Catherine McCain on my post-op appointments, and she was pleased with the logging.  I'm 6 months out and still log everything that I eat or drink on LoseIt.  It's become habit, and that helps keep me on track. 

aliciamcknight
on 11/18/16 12:36 pm - Marrtown, Canada

Time/portion/Calories/Protein/water/exercise

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1049 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page