X-post: Got my date

jennytmitch
on 4/8/11 10:34 am - NC
Finally after waiting for what seems like forever I got my date. May second I will gladly be joining the losers bench!!!  Now I just have to figure out how to get the date on the side under my avatar.
sylvan
on 4/8/11 11:03 am
Congratulations!

Hey, we've got the same doc.  Hopefully I'm not too far behind you.  I had my second sleep study last week.  That's the last thing I needed before submitting to insurance.  I hope they get the report done quickly and get that stuff mailed off. 
jennytmitch
on 4/8/11 11:23 am - NC
Do you have to have a cpap?  If so, you will have to get your machine and the company will have to send a letter stating you have your machine before they will submit for insurance.  Who is your contact?  I found out yesterday was Kevin's last day.  He was my contact and if I had not had an appointment yesterday, I wouldn't have found out he left.
sylvan
on 4/8/11 11:37 am
Yep.  I have to get a CPAP.  My contact at the sleep place is Tony.  At the doctor's office my case manager is Kevin.  Or I guess was!!!!  What happened?  He e-mailed me on Friday and didn't say a thing.  I know that Angie (?) has been answering some of his e-mails.  She is his manager.  Man, that stinks.  I hope that doesn't put a kink in  the process.  I wish Kevin the best. 
rkcarrara
on 4/8/11 12:33 pm
What?!  Kevin is gone?  He was also my case manager.  They submitted my information to the insurance last Wednesday.  But I haven't heard anything yet, I am kinda getting impatient.  I haven't called UHC yet but I think I will on Monday to see when they will get my approval in to the Dr.  How long did it take once you got approval to get your surgery date?  I was hoping I would get done in April but it looks like it may be in May since that is when your sugery is being done.

By the way, congrats on your surgery date.
jennytmitch
on 4/8/11 9:33 pm - NC
Tony was my contact at McGregor too.  I'm not sure what happened with Kevin.  All I know is that thursday was his last day, or at least that's what Dr. Enochs said.  He was moving to the mountains.  I didn't get to talk to him, but I think it was Angelica that dealt with most of my case and submitted me for approval.  My paperwork was submitted on Friday and I had my approval on Tuesday.  They got me in on Thursday for result visit and scheduling, so it was fairly quick.  I chose May 2nd as my date because there are work issues for me and I can't be out before then.  You may still be able to get your April date.  I think they only do the surgery on Monday's though.
rkcarrara
on 4/9/11 3:20 am

Thanks for the info.  I am definitely going to check on Monday with the insurance.  Angelica was the one who submitted my information also.  She said Kevin was off.  I hope I can at least get in the week before if not sooner.  Good luck and keep us posted after your surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 587 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1625 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1652 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views