1 Year!

spragan
on 4/12/11 9:58 pm
Hey all!
Just wanted to share that I celebrated my one year surgiversary last week (Monday)! I actually forgot on the day, I guess that's what happens when you're living and not miserable because of your weight. I had my 1 year appointment at Duke last Friday and things were looking good. In the last three months I've gained about 8 lbs, but after talking with the nurse practitioner, I understand this is somewhat normal when going through major stressors, like starting a new job (which I did in November). I have a plan to start walking more and getting my eating on track. I'm excited to start walking with my new dog, Luna!
This has been an exciting journey and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself! Thanks for your support.

jennytmitch
on 4/12/11 10:15 pm - NC
Congratulations on your one year. Try not to beat yourself up over the gain.  You realize it was an issue and are taking the steps to fix it. 
Barbara C.
on 4/12/11 11:03 pm - Raleigh, NC

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on your metamorphosis and your new job. Hilary is right.That bounce back is not uncommon and as long as you remain aware and accountable, you are likely to hold onto all of the losses in weight and health issues you have fought so hard to rid yourself of this past year, as well as all of the gains in quaility of life and health you have worked so hard to attain. Keep your eye on the prize as you keep yourself aware of your goals and accountable to yourself to help you support those goals.

Remember to leverage the power  your tool. I experiened a weight regain myself and was able to get it back down by getting back basics with my tool. I was worried when it happened that I would have to 'diet' to get the weight off and I had been such an abject failure at dieting for all of my life at 'dieting' that I was scare to death. Thank goodness, I didn't have to 'diet', I just had to leverage the tool by being sure I wasn't drinking before, during or after meals and to load with lean protein and colorful carbs first, then have simple carbs if I really 'needed' them. I hope that this helps you too.

I can only imagine how busy you must be with your new job, but I hope that at some point I'll have the opportunity to see you again. I'd love to see your metamorphosis and to hear how you are doing.

Again, congratulations on your 1 your anniversary!

Warmly,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 581 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1616 views
12 years!