Ready for Monday

jennytmitch
on 4/28/11 12:50 am - NC
Just got back from the hospital pre-op appointment.  Didn't take too long.  I have officially lost 15 pounds according to the hospital scale.  I am just ready for Monday to get here!!!

Any suggestions on what to take other than chapstick and my own pillow?  I know I will take toiletries and clothes and some slipper socks. Also will take my netbook and phone, but wondered if there is anything else I should take.  Maybe one of the bottles of Isopure clear liquids?

Thanks,

Jennifer

avidreader
on 4/28/11 3:32 am - Cary, NC
Good luck - so excited for you.
I used the socks they gave me at the hospital and stayed in the hospital gown til I was ready to go home.  I did  use my own housecoat to cover my backside while I walked.  I also used the toiletries provided by the hospital.  I was glad I took a few little squishie pillows to prop myself under the arms, etc.  I could not read or concentrate very well because of the anesthesia, do I did not take books or my computer.
I actually came home in my pajamas so I would not have to change when I got home - could just go straight to the recliner and sleep.
Dr. Enochs is great - you are in good hands!!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
rkcarrara
on 4/29/11 10:28 am
This is great!  I was almost joining you on Monday.  I have my date set  for 5/16. They called me back the same day and said they have a cancellation for the 2nd.  But I couldn't take it because of an obligation on 5/4.  That is great on your weight loss. 

I did want to ask you what you have been doing before surgery as far as your diet.  Dr. Enoch told me to just eat low carb.  Did you start protein drinks or did you eat regular food?

Good luck on Monday. 
jennytmitch
on 5/1/11 6:45 am - NC
Sorry, I have been out of town with no internet access. 

I did two shakes a day and a lean cuisine or chicken or fish for supper.   I will admit I cheated a couple of times and I have to say this weekend has been the toughest so far, but tomorrow is almost here.  I am just really nervous now.  They also bumped up my time tomorrow.  I should be going into surgery around 10 instead of 12:45.  Works better for me.  Not as much time to worry. :)

rkcarrara
on 5/1/11 10:47 am
I wish you luck.  My surgery isn't supposed to be until 1pm.  I know what you mean about having to wait around.  I'm hoping they change mine to earlier also.  I'm struggling with the low carb but don't think I'm doing to badly.  Let us know when you can how you are doing.

avidreader
on 5/1/11 11:45 am - Cary, NC
Good luck to both of you!!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 587 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1625 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1652 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views