Hi I am Karen new here

karennurseib
on 5/5/11 2:56 pm - Washington, NC
Please add me as a friend.  I had RDY on 3/21/11 looking for friends, advise, and just laughs
Koko10
on 5/6/11 3:30 am - NC
Hi Karen, Keep updating your profile and posting. You will learn who you click with and want to friend as you watch the responses people get to their posts and what responses you get to your post. Congratulations on your surgery and post often.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

Jackie M.
on 5/6/11 4:05 am - Winterville, NC
HI Karen,

I live in Winterville NC....let me know if I can help you at all.....take care.

ANNI D.
on 5/6/11 4:36 am
Hey Jackie M! I know exactly where you are! I lived in Greenville for about 8 years. I love it and still refer to it as home. I know live about 45 min away and on a farm in the middle of nowhere near Tarboro. I go to Greeenville alot for Dr's appointments. I have wondered if there are any support groups around there that are open to anyone with WLS, or do you have to have had your surgery with ECU or Southern Surgical Associates? I would really like to start going to a "real live person support group!" I really would appreciate any info!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Jackie M.
on 5/6/11 5:06 am - Winterville, NC
I go to an amazing support group with Southern Surgical....I had RNY surgery 7/2/10 and have lost 130# so far.  I am fairly certain that anyone can attend our support group.  We meet on the first Wed. of each month.  Southern Surgical has a new campus in Greenville just off Arlington Blvd. that is incorporating a lot of services.  Please feel free to call my Bariatric Coordinator....her name is Laura B. Smith and she is a dream!! Her number is 295-9898.....let her know Jackie McKeel gave you the number and maybe we can meet at group sometime!  I hope you have had good results from your surgery as well.  Take care and have a good weekend.  Oh, and I know where Tarboro is as well....not too far from here!!!!  We have people in our group who travel hours to get here so it is a nice cross section of folks to talk to.  FYI. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 577 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1608 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1302 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1637 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2669 views