SURGERY CANCELLED/RESCHEDULED

Carolyn D.
on 5/19/11 8:53 am - NC
Just wanted everyone to know, due to Dr. and office errors, the office had to reschedule my surgery for a MONTH.  I'm really bummed.  The full story is on my blog.  New date 6/24/11.
A Very Disappointed,  Carolyn D.

ibeanniebe
on 5/19/11 11:37 am - NM
I had to go through this when I was about to have my surgery. A few days before I was originally scheduled I had to postpone when I got sick. It was seven more weeks before I could get back on the schedule. It was extremely disappointing to have to wait that much longer but it did happen and now that delay is hardly anything at all in the scheme of things. I still remember the agony of nearly being there and then having it pushed out that much farther and the waiting. I hate waiting for anything. Now I am nearly three years out and all is well it is easy to forget about it. I am sorry you have to go through the extra waiting. I know its not fun.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Carolyn D.
on 5/19/11 11:11 pm - NC
Ann,
I have seen the light and the pity party is over!! I am disappointed, but you're right, it really is no biggie in the scheme of things.  It will be here before I know it!! Thanks for the support!!
Carolyn

ibeanniebe
on 5/20/11 1:38 am - NM
LOL! Trust me I had that same pity party and it lasted longer than yours. But if what I said helped then thats a good thing and I was happy to say it.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Barbara C.
on 5/20/11 2:39 am - Raleigh, NC

Carolyn,

I know that this has too be soooo hard right now, but know that you have already started your journey and that the surgery date will actually be here before you know it. Be sure to keep taking care of yourself.

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Carolyn D.
on 5/20/11 8:55 pm - NC
Thanks, Barbara!!
Your kind words are a comfort.  I'm pretty well "over" it.  Just wasn't the right time--gotta trust that. I'm sure God has His reasons!!:-).

Carolyn

sylvan
on 5/20/11 9:49 am, edited 5/19/11 9:49 pm
Hey, that's my day too! Same doctor too! When are you scheduled for? I think I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am.
Carolyn D.
on 5/20/11 9:02 pm - NC
Hello, Sylvan!
Which hospital are you at?  I go in at 8:30 AM, for a 10:30 OR time. So, by the way, no problems in there, ok?  I don't want to have to wait any longer!! :-) LOL.  Of course, I'm just goofin' on ya!! :-)  I hope to see you if we are at the same hospital!!  Let's try to do that, ok?
Sorry you were rescheduled, too.  Hang in there!!

Carolyn

rkcarrara
on 5/21/11 10:39 am
It will be great if you are both at Rex. You will be on the 7th floor. I had two great nurses. Very friendly and helpful.

sylvan
on 5/22/11 8:02 am
I'll be at Rex.  I'm all for no problems for both of us!
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 593 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1630 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1314 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1658 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2690 views