3 days post op

maggiet
on 6/6/11 11:34 am - Durham, NC
Wow! I feel great and it is only three days post op. I don't know that I ever had any real pain. They kept me on the norphine in the hospital so if there was pain I didn't feel it. Now I'm home and not taking the medicine and am ok. I didn't even get the horrible gas pains I expected. That is not to say I don't have gas - I surely do!!! But it isn't painful, just a discomfort. Walking helps.

I went to the Mall today to walk. It is too hot outside to walk in my neighborhood. Anyway, my husband got something to eat at the food court and I wanted some. I guess that is the psychological or emotional food cravings. I sure as heck am not hungry physically. Did this happen to any of you?

When I got out of the hospital I had gained three pounds. I figure that is just from all the swelling. What do you think?

Anyway, thanks for the support North Carolinians. I appreciated it!
Maggie

Don27516
on 6/6/11 11:55 am - NC
 It is not unusual to gain a couple of pounds after surgery, Try to stay off the scale. I know it is hard to do that. 

Head hunger is a constant battle. Try to find something to distract yourself when this happens. I found my worst head hunger was while I was on liquids only.

Good luck!

Barbara C.
on 6/6/11 11:59 am - Raleigh, NC

Hey Maggie,

Congratulations on crossing this major hurdle and welcome the Loser's Bench. How much pain/discomfort people feel really varies greatly. I'm glad that it's been a really manageable issue for you and that you didn't get the 'gas pains' that some get. I was more like you, my poor husband had horrid gas related pains in his shoulder. 

Keep up the good work... walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip every hour that you are up. 

Re: the weight gain during the hospital stay. This doesn't happen to everyone, but it's also not uncommon, so don't worry about. It is a result of fluid retention from all of the IV's and will dissipate soon.

Take care and I look forward to seeing less of you soon!

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 580 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1615 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1304 views