Getting Closer to a surgery date

Kim M.
on 6/16/11 8:44 am - NC
 I started this process in November 2010 weighing in a whopping 319.2lbs.  The heaviest I have ever been in my life.  I asked my pcp to refer me to the program to help me gain a healthier life.  I have really put all my efforts in doing what the program needed me to do.

It hasn't been easy, but what is.. I started out not being able to walk 10 minutes without huffing and puffing.  I had trouble bending over to tie on my shoes, cutting my toenails and even shaving my legs.  As the months went by with weighing in, I started seeing the results.  I can walk 30-45min without feeling like I'm gonna pass out.  I can paint my toenails and shave my legs.  Well I can just imagine what I can accomplish being 100lbs lighter.  I just got the call yesterday saying I was approved for surgery and a call today that I will be called for the consult meeting with the surgeon.  Thanks for letting me rant, it's just really sinking in that it is really gonna happen for me...
Kim    
avidreader
on 6/16/11 10:01 am - Cary, NC
Congratulations!!!  Hope everything goes quickly and smoothly for you.

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 598 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1631 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1315 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1660 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2693 views