Trying it again on 8/8

sylvan
on 7/31/11 5:25 am
I'm scheduled for surgery on 8/8.  I've lost 12 lbs since the last surgery--the one that they couldn't complete because my liver was too large.  Since last Thursday I've been on four protein shakes a day to hopefully get my weight/liver down even more before the surgery.  I hope and pray that it works this time.  I don't know that I'll try again if it can't be done this time.  Please pray for me if you're so inclined.
Becca20015
on 7/31/11 5:34 am
Hey!  I sure hope you are able to have surgery on the 8th as planned.  I will keep you in my prayers and you keep us posted.   :-)
Proudtobaloser
on 7/31/11 5:51 am - Fayetteville, NC
Sorry to hear that. I have fatty liver disease and I know there is a high possibilty that I will have to have OPEN surgery even with me following the diet guidelines. I am doing what I can to prevent the open cut but if it happens then it will happen.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

maggiet
on 7/31/11 10:08 am - Durham, NC
hey, congratulations on the new 8/8 date for surgery. I'll be thinking of you and sending good 'skinny liver" vibes that day. I know it wilol work out for you this time. I hope you beleive it!

Barbara C.
on 7/31/11 11:36 pm - Raleigh, NC

It is likely that if you are losing weight, you are also shrinking that liver because it is where we start losing fat first, so that is the good news. Keep your eye on the prize and know that it is going to mean a safer surgery for you and a good start on this incredible, life-long journey.

Wishing you all the best,

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

rkcarrara
on 8/2/11 9:39 am
Congrats on your new date.  I hope all goes well and you are able to have the surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 587 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1625 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1652 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2682 views