Stupid Thyroid !!!

cjlh97
on 8/12/11 4:47 am - NC
Well I was on the fast track to approval, or so I thought , when I get a call saying that my thyroid level was just slightly below the normal range.  So I had to call my PCP to get a prescription for Synthroid and that should bring it up to normal levels in about two weeks or so.  Per the Nurse, they cannot submit paperwork to insurance for approval with below normal thyroid level.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I have no other comorbidities except for GERD.   Thanks in advance for any input.  I guess two weeks in surely not going to put a big wrench in things, I guess I was just excited about everything else going so smoothly!!

maggiet
on 8/12/11 6:52 am - Durham, NC
Sorry that happened to you. Hopw frustrating! On the other hand, thyroid probelms are not to be taken lightly. Theyroid also has a lot to do with your mental health. Best you be in as good shape as possible in that regard before the surgery. There will defininatly be hard times ahead emotionally and you don';t want anyhting else bringing you down. I sure hope the process goes quickly for you form here out.
Maggie

cjlh97
on 8/12/11 11:53 pm - NC
Thanks, Maggie.  You're right.  Guess I just needed to do some venting!  Thanks for listening!!!
maggiet
on 8/13/11 3:35 am - Durham, NC
Vent away, sister! that is what we are here for!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 577 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1608 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1301 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1637 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2669 views