Scheduled 12/10, need advice on protein drinks

Lovetocruz
on 10/24/13 8:26 pm - Nashville, NC

Surgery scheduled with Dr Torquati at Duke.  Wanting to begin to stock up on post op foods. Wow is it confusing.  I want to buy my protein drinks and soups.  So many ads, which ones taste best?  So many negative comments about smell and taste.....little scary.  Any recommendations.  

bubbylucy
on 10/24/13 11:09 pm - Raleigh, NC

Dr Torquati is also my surgeon. I am almost 4 years post op. I started with no sugar added carnation instant breakfast mixed with skim milk. It is not a high protein drink but was easier to get down and keep down during the liquid only weeks. I eventually changed to iso-pure chocolate mixed with skim milk and then progressed to add 1/2 a banana and 3 ice cubes which makes it taste like a chocolate banana milk shake and has a lot more protein in it.

I find that the high protein shakes are just to heavy on the new pouch immediately post op. I wish you all the best. Please message me if you have any questions or things I can help you with

Audra

Lovetocruz
on 10/25/13 5:37 pm - Nashville, NC

Many thanks! Did you have your surgery in Durhan or Raleigh.  Raleigh is much closer, but my gut says go to Durham.  Any thoughts?

bubbylucy
on 10/27/13 11:54 pm - Raleigh, NC

I had it done in Durham, but Raleigh was not an option 4 years ago. One of my best friends had it done with Dr Torquatti in Raleigh just this past Aug and had a fine experience. I am happy that in the event of an emergency that Raleigh is a good option.

Audra

Lovetocruz
on 10/25/13 5:38 pm - Nashville, NC

Typos....Durham. (Just a little OCD here lol)

PetHairMagnet
on 10/27/13 10:37 am
RNY on 05/13/13
Things you like now, you may not post-op and vice versa. I'd buy samples through Nashua Nutrition and go from there.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 602 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1634 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1318 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1663 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2696 views