Suggested provider for psych eval

Cookie1276
on 2/3/14 2:26 am

I received a list of approved locations for my psych eval and called the closes office to schedule.  I was told by the staff that the doctore there requires 8 hrs of testing and multiple visits before he will approve you for surgery because he doesn't agree with WLS while other offices only require one visit.  Rather than calling everyone on the list I thought I'd check here to see who everyone else has used.  I will be having my surgery in Hickory, NC.  Places willing to travel for my psych eval would include Hickory, Morganton, Gastonia and Asheville.  

Thank you!

Newstart2014
on 2/9/14 3:42 am - NC

I received a list of doctors to see for the psyh evaul in Hickory. The one I choose did the testing in one day and it takes 3 - 3 1/2 hours. 

PetHairMagnet
on 3/12/14 8:59 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 3, 2014 at 10:26 AM Pacific Time, Cookie1276 wrote:

I received a list of approved locations for my psych eval and called the closes office to schedule.  I was told by the staff that the doctore there requires 8 hrs of testing and multiple visits before he will approve you for surgery because he doesn't agree with WLS while other offices only require one visit.  Rather than calling everyone on the list I thought I'd check here to see who everyone else has used.  I will be having my surgery in Hickory, NC.  Places willing to travel for my psych eval would include Hickory, Morganton, Gastonia and Asheville.  

Thank you!

I would let your surgeon know what you were told. I don't know why someone who does not agree with WLS would be recommended by a surgeon who does WLS. Hope you have since found a good person for your evaluation. I now see the doctor who did mine twice a month and am thankful to have found her!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
13 years and counting
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 583 views
Elizabeth City, NC
Vampy · 0 replies · 1622 views
12 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 1308 views
Raleigh area doctors
ncgoaliemom · 0 replies · 1650 views
NC Forum
Sheryl28518 · 0 replies · 2681 views