Protein Drinks: Friend or Foe ?

Divabunnie
on 5/23/07 11:19 pm
Ok folks, here's a question for ya:  do you love or loathe your protein drinks? I get violently ill from them and my doctor has said to try and get my protein from my food or bars.   How are the rest of you dealing with protein drinks?

Peggysue
on 6/9/07 12:11 am - Fargo, ND
Hi Diva,  I too, got terrible stomach aches in the beginning with whey protein, so I used rice protein, that helped. Now,{ WLS July20,2006} I can drink the whey stuff. But I use it in all my foods now. I make protein cookies and protein biscotti,and eats lots of rice cakes with pbut butter. I know when Im low on protein, I can tell now. In the beginning I couldnt, it does get better. Peggysue
Some things are better rich.. coffee, men, chocolate
loveaziza
on 6/14/07 1:34 am, edited 6/14/07 1:35 am
I'm 1 week pre-op but I drink the 100% whey and it makes me nauseated if I drink it cold. but if I heat it up and drink it like hot chocolate it doesn't bother me. I sure hope it doesn't after surgery.  Also i found at GNC there are Glass bottles (reminds me of the Arizona teas) of Isopure they're 40g protein and 0 carbs and fat. They're expensive but if you can't get your protein in on of them a day will help. They taste pretty good...the only flavor I've tried so far is the Orange Pineapple Banana. Hope that helps.

I'm On my way!    
Most Active
Recent Topics