Support System

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/09 2:01 am - York, NE
Can anyone let me know how much of a role your support system (family, friends, etc.) played during and after the surgery?  I have a very small support system and am pretty concerned about it.  I live in a rural area and am having the surgery two hours away, so if anything happens post-surgery, it could be pretty scary.  Thanks!

monymony
on 2/19/09 2:17 am
Hi Carlie, It is very important to have at least one person who is supporting you. The more people to support you the better. You can also attend support group and get lots of support there. Check with your surgeon to find a group close to you. You also have us on the Nebraska board to help you. Good luck in your journey. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

sholman
on 2/19/09 2:25 am
Hi Carlie,
You are invited to join us at Saint Elizabeth in Lincoln. We meet every other Tuesday evening. I also know another couple of people that live in York who attend. We have a new "Bariatric Buddy" program and if you like I can have someone from your area contact you and be a support person for you before surgery or after surgery. My # is 402-219-7638. Good Luck.
Shelly - Program Coordinator
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4741 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5897 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6236 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6310 views