stressed out

Barb_E
on 3/25/09 10:15 am - Grand Island, NE

I totally blew it this past week.  My husband was in the hospital, ended up in ICU for a few days was losing blood and had 7 transfusions.   He finally came home today.     I realize now that when I am stressed I don;t make wise decisions.  I had two candy bars in the hospital.   After I did that I made sure I at least ate breakfast in the hospital cafeteria......they have scrambled eggs.  
I was doing so good that last couple of weeks before this all happened my daughter took a class at the Y with me and we were going there every day.  Now I need to get back in the groove.

monymony
on 3/26/09 12:25 am
Hi Barb, I am happy to hear your hubby is home and well. Everyone deals with stress differently. It is great that you recognize this and are getting back on track. Exercising can get rid of a lot of stress. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Jeannie D.
on 3/26/09 12:11 pm - NE
Gosh Barb,  I don't think two candy bars is bad for all that stress!!  Just think "I didn't have two more" and you will do great!  I'm glad your husband is doing better.  That had to be very scary.  Take care.
sholman
on 4/14/09 2:39 am
Barb,
Thanks for your honesty. You are not alone. I didn't realize I had such a stress eating problem until after surgery. It is a battle for me much of the time to take the high road or healthier choice instead of doing what comes natural after years of feeding my stress/pain. Know you are not alone and good for you for admitting it. It reduces the power that thinking has over you to admit where you are at. Take care of you!
Shelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4729 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5895 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6228 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6298 views