HELP ASAP

Laurie D.
on 9/20/09 5:45 am - minden, NE
I have a huge problem and not sure how to address it or with whom....

Ok,  a friend of mine Lavon had the DS.  On Friday she was released from the hospital and sent to a care home for recovery in swing bed.  In Omaha NE

I had no way to get ahold of her (as I was sick on Thursday and was out of town on Friday didn't get to call her) found out last night where she was and have tried repeatedly to call her today. 

This is the situation and if there is ANYONE who could go and check on her and the facility for me I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!  

She is in the Maple Crest Care Home.  She emailed twice so far, at great hardship to even get to a computer (on which she cannot do ANYTHING other than check her emails, it won't allow her to play a game or get on facebook, NOTHING).  She is in a room, NO TV, CHAIR, phone  or hangers to hang up her clothes.  She has been there since Friday afternoon from what I understand.  She was throwing up yesterday (unsure how much, she just said that she was) and is still nausous today.  I don't know if they are making sure she has fluids or not. 

She gave me the phone number, I also looked up on line to double check it was the correct one as no one was answering.  I have called 3 times over the last 2 hours and still NO ANSWER. 

At this point I will be calling her social worker in Kearney tomorrow a.m. first thing AND Dr. Anthone.  I told her that is she is throwing up still she needs to demand that they call her doctor.  She has asked for a chair, TV and hangers....still nothing she said she got the "I'll see what I can do" from the nurse.  

I don't know what to do.  I am over 3 hours away and can't afford to go down.  BUT I figured I would call and check on her, chat a bit so that she didn't so lonely, but I can't even do that since they won't answer the phone.  

HELP!?????
SW 308/CW164/ GW 140

monymony
on 9/21/09 12:33 am
Hi, I am sorry your friend isn't doing well. I am surprised that the nurses couldn't help you out. Maybe someone in Omaha can check it out. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4724 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5888 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6223 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6293 views