Actigall

Debbie C.
on 5/8/11 10:13 am - Manchester, NH
 Anyone have any ideas on how to take Actigall post op?  I have to open the capsules and take other meds crushed but I can't find a tolerable way to get them down.  That is some nasty stuff.

Sookie77
on 5/9/11 2:09 am - Milton, NH
I am not sure what that is, but I would try some Greek yogurt.  If you are emptying them into something just do it all in 1 spoonful then use the rest to get rid of the taste.  Wish I were more help.

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

kathip123
on 5/9/11 2:37 am
Those are the worst, aren't they.....  I found the best way to get it down was in SF pudding but I still had to choke it down...it wasn't easy.  The good news is that at my two week post op appointment my surgeon said I could swallow them, phew.  Good luck!  Are you feeling good otherwise?

Valerieb09
on 5/12/11 2:55 am - Seacoast, NH
I opened up the capsules and put it in sugar free applesauce.  It worked pretty well for me.

Valerie

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Debbie C.
on 5/12/11 5:30 am - Manchester, NH
Thanks everyone!  I'm not allowed to have applesauce yet, but I'll keep that on the radar.  I'm feeling good otherwise.  I'm just very tuned in to what everything tastes like.  They say taste buds change and I'm starting to believe it.  Have a great day, if not, MAKE it one!

Anna M.
on 5/30/11 11:27 am, edited 5/30/11 11:28 am - Manchester, NH
Funny thing the night after surgery I had what was similar to an allergic reaction to the bandaids on my stomach and the nurse wanted me to take benedryl. She paged my surgeon (at 2am no less) and he said to give it to me in applesauce. I thought it was weird since I was still on clear liquids but he said two teaspoons of applesauce (no sugar added) was ok for taking a pill. I had one spoonful with the pill and one to get rid of the nasty pill taste lol.

You might want to call and see if it's ok just to take your pills with. It turned out to be a lifesaver at home when my meds had to be crushed for the first two weeks.

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 461 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5024 views