Can hardly believe it!!!

Debbie C.
on 5/23/11 12:14 pm - Manchester, NH
 Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my surgery.  I have already lost 20 lbs.  Some of my clothes are swimming on me.  Goodbye 3Xs, you are no use to me anymore.  I was walking today and realized how baggy my outfit was and started to giggle like a schoolgirl.  I pulled out the old buckets from the basement and fit into the 18/20s.  YES!

I started this journey on December 7th at 263 lbs.  Today I am at 216.  47 pounds gone forever.  

I started at a 48.1 BMI, today I am at 39, I made it to the "just plain obese" category, down from "extremely obese".  Can't wait to see the "just overweight" category, but I know it WILL come in time.  And then, the hard to believe "normal" category that I don't think I've seen since grade school.

Thank you to all who have come before me and have shared their wisdom and well wishes.  I feel so blessed and happy and feel like this is one of the best things I've ever done in my life.  

Sookie77
on 5/23/11 9:58 pm - Milton, NH
Debbie,
  that is so great keep working your tool.  It is an amazing journey.  I am so grateful to be where I am at.  I am almost 1 year out and I can't get over it.  I can remember when I tried my first large shirt on, I called my hubby from the dressing room in tears and told him I could wear a large shirt....his comment that's a good thing right.  Typical man, but after I stopped crying and told him yes he was very happy for me.  I now wear some medium shirts and a size 12 bottom, sometimes even a 10   It is so much fun, it will get frustrating, but don't panic when you hit a stall, it may hit any time now.  It is normal!!!! Just know it will pass.  Glad things are going well.

TTFN Hugs

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Xico
on 5/25/11 2:02 am - NH

Congratulations Debbie!!!!

OMG, that must feel sooooo good....I can't wait to get to that point! I love reading your posts because I trail you by three weeks so it is like a little sneak peek  of things to come!! So thank you so much for your updates.  Wooo hooo!!!!  -

vigermommy
on 5/25/11 4:04 am - NH
YAY FOR WEIGHT LOSS!! CONGRATS!!!  I am sooo happy for you!  20lbs in 3 weeks is amazing... you are doing so well!

I met with Dr. Snow yesterday, waiting for my call about my appt with Dr. Campbell.  Looking like July (although the clinic said she has some family emergency so things are being pushed out!)... hoping for middle of July so I can hit one-derland by the end of summer!

Getting nervous now about the pain, about trying to get in my fluids and meds (and your email about the nasty one SCARES ME!!)...

Keep us posted... I come on now just to check up on you!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 461 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5024 views