I just want a salad!

Debbie C.
on 6/4/11 8:59 am - Manchester, NH
 So, I'm one month post-op yesterday.  I'm extremely happy with my progress and weight loss, but MAN, I miss eating things that are crunchy.  We're so programmed in our previous dieting lives to eat so much salad that I actually miss salad!  I know I'm supposed to retrain my brain to concentrate on massive amounts of protein first, but in this mushy food stage, I miss crunching!  I can have crackers and toast now, at least.  But it's just not lettuce.  Even in low-carb land, you wrapped your meat in a lettuce leaf to avoid bread.  I miss fresh, crunchy, delicious produce.  I don't want any more yogurt, mashed potatoes or freaking protein shakes.  I want to drink what I want to drink, for JOY and taste, not for mandated protein supplementation.

Will I get over this?  Tell me there's hope!  : )

Linda112
on 6/4/11 7:18 pm - NH

I was just thinking the same the other day....really miss the crunch !

Linda112    
Sookie77
on 6/4/11 11:29 pm - Milton, NH
Well there is good news and bad news the bad news first.  That craving drove me nuts for at least 6 months after my surgery.  I love crunchy foods and having my surgery in early June when all the fresh local veggies were perfect didn't help my mood.

Good news It does get better.  When you can add more variety to your diet and you can add a few (1-2) of steamed veggies or your lettuce leaf with your meats.  It takes a while to train your brain, they operate on your body not your head.  The pain is not worth the crunch TRUST ME!!!! lol

I have had a couple of salads but I make sure I make them and that I have the amount of protein I need on them.  Hard boiled egg, chicken and  cheese.  I only use 1 oz of salad mixed greens.
It fills me up way to much to eat more of it.  

I will be 1 year out on the 15Th (wow can't believe that) and I am down from 268 to between 152 -155.  It is an awesome tool, just remember it is all worth it in the end and you can do this.

Hugs
Laurie

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 461 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class