Annoying Stall / Plateau

Debbie C.
on 8/9/11 9:02 am - Manchester, NH

It is annoying. I know it's a marathon and not a race, but for the past week, my scale has been playing with the same two pounds. Lose, gain, lose, gain.

Why is it slowing down already? Surgery was just May 3rd. Now, I get that I've lost 50 pounds since then, but it's just come to a screeching halt.

I'd rather lose a tenth of a pound each day, instead of nothing and then 10 days later drop 2 pounds. What the heck!?!?

This is normal, right?

vigermommy
on 8/10/11 4:18 am - NH

Welcome to the dreaded 3 week post op stall!! Be thankful you didnt hit it like I did at 2/3 weeks... it SUCKS!! However it is normal!  From all the information I have read, a stall right after surgery is normal as our bodies are in shock.  You seem to be one of the lucky ones who have skipped the initial BIG one.  The first one can last anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks from what I have read!!  Mine was at about 2 weeks out, a little before, played around with the same 2lbs then finally hovered at 222 for almost 2 weeks!  It finally started moving this morning!! YAY!!

Up the protein again, change up the eating patterns, and do some different cardio workouts to get your body into a new flux.  Gonna have to ride out the little bumps as your body is in a comfy stage and likes where it's at.  It will change again and you will start seeing the scale move...

You look fantastic!! You should be super proud of yourself!!

Now go have fun!!

Sookie77
on 8/10/11 9:11 pm - Milton, NH
OK, not sure why my first post never made it lol I guess it is lost somewhere in cyber space.  Any who

THIS IS NORMAL !!!! 
OK, so you are in a stall, and it is driving you nuts, and you think OMG am I done losing?  Trust me it will pass.  I had a 6 week stall at about 3 months out.  Drove me absolutely crazy, but  I took a deep breath and know the scale will move.  You can check your protein, water and exercise but know at times your body will just decide it needs some time to adjust to the new lower calories and adjustment of food intake. 

You will lose more weight if you stick to your plan and follow the rules.  Keep up the great work and vent away.  Also throw the scale out except for once a week.  Hide it in the trunk of your car if you have to. 

HUGS

You may be only one person in the world, but to someone you are the world

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 461 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 797 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1558 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5024 views