Back on Track Diet

jennifer2983
on 7/24/14 4:36 pm

Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for a back on track diet program.  I had RNY in 2011 and recently have been gaining weight.  I know I really need to up my protein intake. 

Any tips, tricks or recipes??

Thanks so much!

bigmetfan38
on 7/26/14 2:37 pm - los osos, CA
Revision on 07/15/14

hi! i would recommend going back on a liquid protein diet for a little bit. some call it the 5 day pouch test. i had gained some weight back over the period of a year, 40 pounds - i believe i gained it because i had a shoulder surgery - and then i couldn't work out anymore, and then i re-injured it again and had to have ANOTHER surgery! 2 in one year! anyway, on top of all that, i had a terrible hiatal hernia. i originally had the vertical sleeve and they never told me that if you have a history of heartburn, you shouldn't have it. anyway, none of that is important for you. i went on liquid protein, and protein bars for 2 weeks and lost 20 pounds. of course, i then had the roux en y because it's the best fix for the hiatal hernia if you've had the sleeve. i just had it on july 15th, and i'm really happy - back on track for losing weight and not one time have i had heartburn since the surgery! i wish you luck! 

jennifer2983
on 7/30/14 2:53 pm

First of all congrats on the latest surgery!!! It sounds like you have been through a lot. I really appreciate the advice though so thank you for responding.  I think I will try the 5 day pouch test to get back on track.  I need to do something!!! I had my RNY in 2011 and I did very well losing about 100 lbs.  Then (I think due to some very stressful life cir****tances and not taking care of myself) I have gained back 45 in the last year.  It is miserable.  I was feeling great and now I don't feel good about it at all. 

That being said I am determined to stay positive and get back on track!!!!

Thanks for your advice and best wishes for you on your journey!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Canobie Lake Park
senyoshida · 0 replies · 450 views
Plastic surgeon ?
jmere · 0 replies · 784 views
Dartmouth.. dr truss
Debberz · 1 replies · 1544 views
CMC lifestyle chances class
morgansmom12 · 0 replies · 5013 views