Update

tlr681
on 8/13/11 1:03 pm - Canada
I'm here on vacation in PEI since July 29  and I got a call on Tuesday  me to be in St. John's to see the nurse practitioner (Raydeen) and the dietitian yesterday.  I told them that I was in PEI until the 20th  which I had also told Dr. Pace when I met with him.  Yesterday I get call from the nurse practitioner wanting me in St. John's this Friday.  Once again I told her I couldn't be there and we settled on an appointment for August 26.  She told me there have been no surgeries since Jenn and Tracey because with the summer staffing shortage they have not been able to schedule elective surgeries.  Beginning in September they will be doing 2 per week.  She said that since I am to be done in September I will be one of the first to be done.  Thats scary since my BMI is higher that Jenn's and Tracy's was.  I will meet with Rhoda the dietitian next week and then start my liquid diet.  So much for vacation eating.  Tomorrow I start with salads and water. 
   Tina         
Surgery:  VSG with Dr. David Pace
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
Mary C.
on 8/14/11 2:36 am - Glovertown, Canada
That's great Tina! Enjoy your time on the Island - my Mom is from there and my parents have a summer home near Charlottetown on the shore. I have gone at least twice a summer to visit them there - such a peaceful place. Take care and do eat some lean protein with your salads - you wouldn't want to fall sick during your holidays. Add some shredded skim milk cheese, turkey or chicken, sunflower seeds - whatever works for you! 

Tam180
on 8/14/11 9:00 pm - Conne River, Canada
HI

This is great news. So happy for you Tracy.

Tammy
Tammy

jdeon
on 8/23/11 7:49 pm - St John's, Canada
Hey Tina,

Want to meet for coffee on Friday when you're in?

x Jenn
- HW: 270 lbs. SW: 248 lbs. CW: 185 lbs.
The story of my journey back to health is here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jdeon/uzone,blog/action,view/blog_id,311677/

tlr681
on 8/23/11 11:56 pm, edited 8/23/11 11:58 pm - Canada
I'd love to but this time is difficult because I have my kids and my mother-in-law with me.  I know you offered to meet with Tammy Friday after work at Starbucks.  That might work for me because we will be checked in the hotel by then and they can stay at the hotel or I can drop them at the mall or something.
   Tina         
Surgery:  VSG with Dr. David Pace
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
Most Active