trying to get started on waitting list any ideas how long??

CaperGal
on 1/20/11 2:36 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I think I would be really anxious too if I waited a year to find out if I am even on "the List". I would def. call Diane Lawlor or email her to find out if I was on the "List". There is alot going on with them and they are extremely busy. But give it a try. It may be good news you get. But go on their web site and print out all the stuff for your binder and start reading it and you will be that much ahead. I posted the link in another post here. I don't know if you saw it or not. hope this helps.
Anxiously_Waiting
on 1/20/11 5:17 am
Thanks for your e-mail.  I did e-mail Diane and she told me I was on the list for 2012 or 2013.  I am extremely disappointed.  I was so looking forward to having controlled weight and BLOOD PRESSURE.  Like so many others this has been a lifelong struggle for me.  I will have to keep on trying for the next couple of years unless I find out there are other options in other provinces.

Thanks again for your note.
CaperGal
on 1/20/11 9:29 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Well now at least you know that you are on the list. and who knows it might quicker than that. Mean time go to the site and print out the stuff for the binder or just read it. Try the diet they have and see what happens. Maybe some people will get off the list and you will get a call. Waiting another year isn't too bad. You might get a call next spring or fall. Please don't get too discouraged it will work out in the end.
Anxiously_Waiting
on 1/24/11 7:14 am

Dear Caper Girl,

I have printed off the material on their website.  I've also decided that since it could be two years to try WW again.  I0 years ago I lost 56 lbs. but I've since gained it all back and then some.  I know if I loose some weight the surgery will be easier.  Also, I know that activity would be easier as well...it's a visious circle.  I just know that I could do it with the assistance of the gastric sleeve...some of us need that extra help in order to succeed.  I will try to keep on the positive side though.  Thanks for your encouragement.

Anxiously Waiting

ruthann49
on 1/22/11 11:51 pm - Canada
I suppose people will be eliminated or change their minds so there may be a chance we will get a call sooner. I'm getting my binder together and trying some of the protein drinks!

Carly ~
on 1/24/11 10:57 am
susanpalmer
on 1/23/11 9:40 pm - annapolis county, Canada
Hello everyone. Monday morning and still have not heard anything. I have been trying to loose weight on my own and it is a constant struggle have lost 11lb since the beginning of dec. If i loose weight and my turn comes around will they still look at me for surgery would like to loose 120lb all together and the most i have ever done on my own is 50lb. Am i messing with my chances if i loose too much weight on my own i know i can not reach my gole without help. what do they tell you when you get on the list.  
sussmack2004
on 1/23/11 10:18 pm
Good Monday morning to you! It sure is a cold one today!
I don't want to discourage you at all, but I had a long wait to get in to the group session. I believe that my doctor referred me in 2008 and I got a phone call in June 2010 asking if I was still interested. I went to the group session in August 2010. Since then I have done everything (?) they asked. Cut out caffeine, gum, white bread, potatoes (for the most part), white pasta, I have trialed the liquid diet, as well as tried different protein drinks. I also have been walking and doing Wii Fit some. I have lost 33 lbs since mid August and so far I have not heard anything at all from the clinic. My doctor is very happy with my weight loss and I am struggling along. Like you the most I have ever lost on my own was 40 lbs, and then I managed to find it all again. I am really hoping that this time is the one where I can keep it off!
I am trying to be patient and wait for the call that it will be my turn.
Try to keep positive though I know that it is hard sometimes.
Good luck, Susan

CaperGal
on 1/24/11 2:51 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

good day and what a cold day it is. -15 wow that is the coldest the lowest temp yet for this winter. I have to go to the drug store and T Zone vibrations and I hate the thought of going out. brrrrr

Anyway sussmack if you went to the session in Aug. didn't they tell everyone that it would be at least 6 months before you hear from them? They told my group that and it took almost 7 months before I got the call to go meet the "Team" And when I went there was 3 people that talked to me for over an hour and then they asked me to leave the room so they could talk. When they came and got me they said they were putting me through and thought I would be a good candiate for the surgery. They told me to try and loose some wait before I met with Doctor Ellsmere. So you are right on target with that and it will go good for you to loose the weight you lost. They like to see that cos it proves you can do it. so don't worry so much, they will be calling you soon.

sussmack2004
on 1/24/11 11:07 am
Hi Capergal,
When I went to the meeting in August, they did say it would be about 6 months before you heard anything, so it is the same as they told you, and I honestly have not expected to hear anything yet, I just keep waiting and trying hard to keep losing. I do feel better having lost this much weight so far ! They also told us when we were there that they did a trial with us filling out the "long" questionnaire at the meeting that day. I think that probably it would have been better to fill it out at home with time to think about your answers instead of trying to rush through it to get it done, and I will let them know that when I hear from them.
My only concern now is that I am going away for the February break with my daughter and will be gone and am afaid that if I get the call when I am away that may cause a delay. I am very much looking forward to going though, so won't change my plans, just hope that the timing all works out! It must be exciting to know that you have been approved for surgery! Best of Luck
Most Active