Sleevers: Do you feel this?

coreena691
on 5/31/11 3:20 am, edited 5/31/11 4:57 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
I was trying to explain this to a non sleever how it feels with a sleeve.

I'm just getting good now into the soft food/mushie stage and wow, it feels good!  But then again I'm comparing how it used to feel with a pouch and band before, but I really do like how this feels.

I explained it like this:
Instead of taking 1 or 2 small bites and the food falling down into the pit of abyss (like a large holding tank of emptiness), it feels more like a massage of the stomach wall.  I'm chewing and not swallowing until the pieces are smaller than the eraser of a pencil (that's how I had to before with the band), so it's not large chunks, but because of the swelling I can feel it go through until it hits bottom and then each piece adds up.  I am so aware of how it feels because I'm comparing and and listening/paying attention to what's happening.

So if my stomach is completely empty and then I eat, after the 1st or 2nd swallow the empty ache/gurgle is gone.  From there on in, I don't feel "starved" to push the food in quick and can take my time eating my meal.   Usually about 20+ min to eat a meal.  And I stop when I get my full signal (burp, hiccup or feel heaviness).  So far, so good.  Only had slight nausea the first couple times but that was just my stomach getting used to food again and went away within 5 minutes.

I know I may not feel the "massage" as much when the swelling goes down, but it does feel good to feel 1 or 2 bites filling up the sleeve instead of just floating in the abyss! 

Would you describe your sleeve sensation quite like this?

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Carly ~
on 6/1/11 7:14 am
 Like Tetris -- in close quarters with your new pouch!   = )
coreena691
on 6/1/11 9:45 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
  LMAO!!

coreena691
on 6/7/11 10:33 pm, edited 6/7/11 10:36 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Am I the only one who feels these sensations? I thought this would help the pre-ops to give them an idea of what it will feel like. Hope it helped.

Most Active