Surgery in NS

muwave
on 12/26/05 9:46 pm - 'Hammonds Plains, Canada
Is anyone doing surgery in NS and has anyone in NS had any success getting out of province surgery done? Thanks. Al
dolphinleigh
on 1/19/06 8:02 pm - Halifax, Canada
I had surgery in Moncton on Sept 6, 2005. I had to get NS approvial prior to surgery and it came thru very quickly after i had my first consult with Dr Beausoliel. I hope this helps Jennifer Sept 6/05 310 Current 235 Goal 150- 170 (i think)
paramedic
on 1/21/06 2:12 pm - Coldbrook, Canada
Re: Surgery with Dr. B Congrats on your surgery, it sounds it was a success. a start of a new you. My Dr finally sent the referal letter. How long was your wait? Also what type of wls did you have. I am hoping to have the lap band. Final question what did MSI cover. you can email me at [email protected] or check out my profile. Hope to hear from you
deborahdgale
on 2/19/06 1:56 pm - glace bay, Canada
hi there im from nova scotia and i had mine done in moncton all through msi had the rny msi now covers half for the lap and all of the rny
Mac-Donald
on 3/9/06 10:01 pm - Somewhere in, Canada
Hi Deborah: How did you get MSI to cover half of the cost? I had written to them and the reply was that they would only cover abouy $l950.00 if the procedure was done in the publicly funded hospital in Nova Scotia?? I am going to Toronto where Dr. Cobourn is doing the surgery. Thanks. Barb
deborahdgale
on 3/25/06 9:34 am - glace bay, Canada
I had 100 percent coverage in new brunswick the half thing is for lap band they cover 100 percent for the rny.
capergirl
on 6/2/06 7:30 am - VICTORIA, Canada
Hi i am from Sydney, now living on Vancouver Island, i have been waiting almost 4 years now, this is June 2nd, 06, i have my scope on the 4th 0f August and i hope it won't be too much longer after that before i finally have my surgery, i'm going for the RNY. Its nice to be able to pop in for a visit to my home province and chat about the same problems , cheers, Connie.
chrissy1935
on 5/4/06 8:08 am - donkin, Canada
Hi..my name is christine and in 1999 I had surgery with Dr. Patrick Yau in Scarboro Ontario...He was great... I would recommend him to everyone. I have kept the weight off since..I live in Cape Breton , NS
Most Active