New Maritimer

somnia
on 3/10/06 11:10 am - Dartmouth, Canada
HI My name is Amber I'm 5'2" and weigh 250lbs I'm so tired of being overweight I want to cry. I was in Winners today and there was almost nothing that fit me... I found a shirt that was an XL (which I take in a shirt) and when I got it home it was too small... (XL at winners is more like in between a med and a large but it still made me cry) My husband isn't very suportive... when he's mad he calls me fat and lazy. I need support... and I need friends... that's one of the reasons I'm here. Thank you Amber
paramedic
on 3/11/06 3:40 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Amber, Welcome to the club. You will find this site very helpful in finding support for you and family. Are you interested in wls? If so have you selected a procedure that would like. This ia going to be the most exciting and at times frustrating journey of your life, but it will be worth the whole expeirence. Hi my name is Laurie I live in the valley close to Kentville. I know all to well what it is like to look at the department store as a battle ground and the most depressing place to be when you don't fit their mold. I am about 5'7" and wt 285 lbs. My husband is very supportive in my journey. He know how much of a battle it has been to lose wt and then gain it all back and with interest. I am planning to have the lap-band procedure. My surgery date is book for May 12th. I am going to Ontario to see a Dr. Chris Cobourn. So far I like what he has said thus far, I haven't met him yet. That happens the day before the big day. There are alots of this that need to be decided upon. First to let you know that there is not one in this province performing wls. The closest Dr that does is in Moncton NB his name is Dr. Sylvan Beauseloui. You need a Dr's referal to see him. Once you get that far the waiting list for surgery is approix 2-5 years. Myself wasn't going to wait that long, things were already starting to affect my healt, so I decided to take charge of it know. There is out of pockect expenses also. MSI will only pay for the operation not the band, but they seem to be will to cover more for gastric by-pass, That is they approve you. I am self paying for most of the cost.. I am sorry that your husband is not supportive. What I have read with alot the postings on other forms you are not alone in this. They may have some suggestions. Alot of husband are afraid that he will lose you. Either from the surgery of if you change too much. They do need alot of reassurance. One thing I keep true to me is that I am doing this for me. When I feel better about me and I can do more things, then the rest of my family will benifit because of it. Good luck on your journey. Keep in touch. If there is any omre info I can help you will write me. Bye for now Laurie
debbietlc
on 4/6/06 4:31 am - Glace Bay, Canada
Hi AMber. My name is Debbie and I am from Cape Breton, NS. I am also big weighing almost 300 lbs. I don't let much get me down except my weight. I am looking into the lap band with Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil in Moncton, NB. Are you looking at getting any kind of operation or are you trying to lose the weight on your own? It is terrible your husband is not supportive but he maybe scared of the new you that will come out of your hard work of getting the weight off. Stay positive as much as you can and if you need to chat more email me at [email protected] Good luck my friend, Debb
jamesraynie_18
on 8/5/10 10:19 pm - Sheppardville, Canada
Hi, I'm new to the site. I'm also looking into surgery with Br. Beausoleil. Can you give any info with regards if he is a great surgeon or if you had any complications,etc.? Anything would be helpful. I'm trying to get approval from MCP to cover the surgery expenses plus the travel. Does the surgeon perform the surgery in a private or public hospital? Right now I'm weighing 258 lbs and I'm 5 ' 2 so I'm not carry this weight well. Thanks, waiting to hear from you.
csauer
on 4/11/06 1:40 am - Middle Sackville, Canada
Hi, Amber, my name is Christine and I am just back from a RNYgastric bypass in India (read my profile for details). It was a very good experience and now, 3.5 weeks after surgery, I have lost ca. 17 lbs. Ichose RNY because I love sweets and with the lapband, you can still eat them and I know I would cheat. You will find lots of support on this website, whatever you decide. Love Christine
paramedic
on 4/11/06 2:52 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Christine, Welcome back. I read your profile sounds like everything went well. 17 lb lost is excellent Can't wait to see some new photos of the new you. You must be tired from your long trip. Take care Bye for know Laurie
Most Active