Thyroid pt's and soy

paramedic
on 4/21/06 6:16 pm - Coldbrook, Canada
Just a little FYI. This is mainly for people that have thyroid conditions, esp hypothyroidism. You should be very awear when you eat soy products. When I was reading a book called THYROID DIET is stated we should not eat any soy foods. Wanting more information on this because there are a lot of products that give you the protien without the fat and sugar which are soy based foods. The reasoning for the warning is that soy can interfer with the thyroid . Soy foods interfer with TPO which is used for the proper functioning of the gland. For hypothyroid pts it is even more important to stay away from soy food just for that reason. You can find more information by just surfing the web. There are plenty of sites that will give you more presice data. I know I have a thyroid condition and when I read the thyroid book I became very awear. Since I am having wls, and currently looking for good sources of protien. Soy keeps coming up so it starts to limit my choices a bit. I will have to look at alternative protien products. Passing on a little info Bye for now Laurie
Most Active