new in Buffalo

Stacy T
on 4/3/10 12:55 am - Buffalo, NY
 Hello everyone.  I just moved to Buffalo in February and don't know anyone.  Are there any support groups in town that are not surgeon-specific?  I had surgery in April 2009 in Atlanta.

Across the United States, in 2006, twice as many people died from lack of health insurance as died from homicide.

"This is my one and only life, and it's a great and terrible and short and endless thing, and none of us come out of it alive."

nld3328
on 4/5/10 12:07 pm - Rochester, NY
I'm near Rochester and we have one 2nd Tues at Highland Hospital but I know there are at least 2 in Buffalo- Just can't think of them.  Sisters hospital I think is one and Synergy bariatrics- they actually might be the same place.  Good luck!

val28
on 4/5/10 1:43 pm - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08
hi im from buffalo. there are actually 2. one is at synergy bariatrics, which is located in williamsville somewhere, i dont know where as I havent gone there. the other one is at buffalo general hospital, the third wed of the month

ats1018
on 4/7/10 1:58 am - Buffalo, NY
what type of support groups are there?  i only ask since you mentioned non surgeron specific

thanks
Stacy T
on 4/11/10 5:20 am - Buffalo, NY
 Sometimes doctors run support groups for their patients only, sometimes they are open to everyone regardless of who did their surgery.

Across the United States, in 2006, twice as many people died from lack of health insurance as died from homicide.

"This is my one and only life, and it's a great and terrible and short and endless thing, and none of us come out of it alive."

Pam C.
on 4/7/10 6:30 am - NY
There are two at Synergy, are not Dr specific and are located on Union right in their offices.  There is always a wide variety of people there from pre ops to people several years post op.   The bypass meetings are the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays and the lapband meetings are the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays.   

I hope this helps!

Pam C.

val28
on 4/7/10 1:35 pm - amherst, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 03/03/08
the same with buffalo general...there are preop to post op there

hopeyhobby
on 4/11/10 1:25 am
 I'm going to the Synergy meeting this Tuesday, if you'd like to meet me there.  It fills up fast so I'm going to try to go a little early.  Let me know if you are interested!
Most Active
Recent Topics