looking for people to talk with in the buffalo area

ats1018
on 4/6/10 10:41 pm - Buffalo, NY
i have been interested in this surgery for sometime.  i actually just really started doing my research and will be talking with my primary dr next week.  i was hoping to find people to talk to..ask questions, pick your brains so to say.  there is a lot i am nervous about, and just not sure of.  i am sure many people have had the same concerns.  i would love to talk with new people.  i am also debating between the open surgery and the lap band.  so if anyone could tell me about their lap band experiences i would appreciate that as well

thanks in advance
Lisa C.
on 4/7/10 8:50 pm - Niagara Falls, NY
I just started the journey for WLS too, I have all my paperwork in and have an appt. with a surgeon on May 13th.  I am not sure if you have researched surgeons yet, but Synergy Bariatrics in Buffalo is a center for excellence and has done well over 1,000 surgeries with great results, that is who I am going with, I am having the open RNY.  Looked into the band, but decided it was not for me.  I  live in Niagara Falls, so good luck with everything!
italiangal56
on 10/10/10 3:37 pm - Cheektowaga, NY
Don't get the lapband , it sucks!!!
Heather Lundquist
on 10/12/10 4:03 am - Hamburg, NY
Hi,

I am not getting a lapband done, but an open rny done in a couple weeks. :) I'm in Buffalo, too :)

But I love Synergy - great people!!!

Take care,
Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics