Finally, a date with the Surgeon!!!

Lisa C.
on 4/7/10 9:28 pm - Niagara Falls, NY

I am so excited to finally have an appointment with my surgeon, even tho is is not until May 13th.  Now, I am also panicked, scared, and wondering what the heck I am doing... I know a few gals who have had the surgery already with the same group and tell me I am normal to feel this way, I just think about the re-routing that will be happening with my innards and think I must be crazy!  Anyway, this experience has been a long, drawn out affair somewhat, I have curiously been looking into WLS since Carnie Wilson made it famous, yes, that long ago!  Always thinking that I could lose this extra 130 on my own, but never being able these last 20 years (wow, did I say 20 years!!) my poor body!  Anyway, I am 52, very tired from carrying around this extra weight and finally came to the realization that I would never be on the Biggest Loser or be a biggest loser, be successful for any period of time with Weigh****chers and that if I truly wanted to lose the weight it would have to be via surgical methods.  The important thing is to lose the weight, not how, I guess.  Just VERY nervous, and VERY large... :0
sorry to ramble,
Lisa 

Kimmeroo
on 4/8/10 1:53 pm
RNY on 09/14/10 with
Hi Lisa...
I hear you loud and clear..lol! I was 2 weeks from having a DS(selfpay..long story) so I understand all of the feelings your feeling and thoughts your thinking! I couldn't even sleep w/o thinking about the surgery and what if I died or if I didn't die what complication was going to happen to me..it is stressful..so stressfulI had my period for 16days! I only have a period 4 days at best! I was scared out of my mind..but I was still going to do it..until financial things happened..now I have insurance(I am self-employed) and have been waiting for the pre-existing condition clause of a year to pass..so July will be the green light.
I hope this does not detour you from your goals..kepp on keeping on! :)
Take Care!
Kim

Kim    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Hit Onderland 1-11-11...my anniversary!:)
Lost 116lbs total since my journey began

Most Active
Recent Topics