Binghamton Area Support Group Changes for

Teri S.
on 9/29/11 2:33 am - Apalachin, NY
 Hi all, hope all is well with everyone.  Because of the major disruption in the Town of Vestal, Town of Owego etc due to flooding our meeting space in the Vestal Library is not going to be available until January of 2012.  (FEMA has taken over the meeting rooms).     I have been trying to find a public meeting space that is accessible to all. I have not yet found a public space for October. (A lovely and generous person offered their home, but I don't want to impose and some people don't feel comfortable going to someone's house if they have never met them) At this time, I am going to go ahead and cancel October's meetings because Chaos is overwhelming me and I need the time to try to get a handle on other aspects of my life.  I am really sorry to not be able to offer meetings in October. 
 I have found space in the George F. Johnson Library in Endicott (1001 Park Street, Endicott NY 13760) Here is a link to a google map so that you can find your way  http://g.co/maps/xxte9 The only time they had available in November and December is the second Thursday of the month (Instead of November 9, the meeting will be on November 10; December 16 instead of December 15)  Hopefully by January we will have our space back in Vestal as I have a lovely guest coming from Curves to talk about circuit training and the difference between weight training and cardio.  

I am hoping that Dr. Julie Dostal will be available on November 10th to present a talk about "Living Life after Weight Loss Surgery: Successfully Navigating Holidays, Parties, Families and other Winter Stressors".  I have arranged with the library to use their presentation equipment so power point, video etc will be available if needed.   Hope everyone has a great October and enjoys the OH Event on Long Island.   Teri Stoel
Most Active
Recent Topics