Hi from Long Island

inmyownskin
on 9/30/11 9:18 am - Westbury, NY
Just wanted to say to my fellow NYers. I had my lapband done in 2007 by Dr. Geiss in Syosset and  now I am planning an RNY with Dr. Buchin in Huntington. Does anyone have any experience with him. He seems very nice and his staff is also very nice.  I have a date set for October 17th but I am almost certain I will get denied.  I am having trouble getting my NUT letter but hopefully by monday I will have it.  So here goes with a little background info: I have united Healthcare/medicaid. I know they cover the surgery but they also have the 6mos requirement. The surgeon seems to think that because I saw the NUT every month as well as seeing him for my medically supervised diet I will get approved.  I have an eary feeling that is not true. But we will see. I have an ulcer at the junction of my esophagus and stomach, my band has slipped up to my esophagus so I don't really have restriction but I do throw up a lot. Probably at least 3-4 times a week. Any advise or support would be appreciated even if it's sharing your own experiences.

Thanks!!!
HW: 293 SW (lap-band 2007): 280 Consult Weight: 264 CW: 214
SW (RNY 2011): 254 Personal GW: 150 Surgeon's GW: 140

Sexyvt123
on 10/6/11 8:15 am
Hi

The fact that your band slipped should be enough reason why you should be approved for revision.  It isn't healthy or safe to leave your band stuck in the junction of your esophagus and stomach.  Im shock they didn't go ahead and perform surgery right away to adjust it or removed it.  I believe your surgeon is right and  you will get approved with ease.  Its a plus that your going to see the nut as well.  Good Luck.  I just revised 2wks ago from band to DS and doing pretty good.

inmyownskin
on 10/6/11 9:14 am - Westbury, NY
Thanks so much for the response.  I am just nervous because I have read some post on here where people have problems with the band and insurance approves to have it removed but the patient still has to wait the 6mos for the revisional surgery.  That is what I think they may do....approve me for just removing the band not my bypass. However I did go to my pre-op class today and getting all my clearances completed in the next few days.  I am optimistic though....

rosapain
on 10/12/11 6:11 pm, edited 10/12/11 6:12 pm - Amityville, NY
Hi, DR. Buchin is a great surgen.I myself and 4 friends have Dr.Buchin as our surgen.His saff are more like family and friends you will be well taking care of.He also handles denails with your insurance company stay postive.He know what hes doing. also you can speak with his assit Sofia or Carla to make you feel more at easy and you can call them as much as you like they are great. I have no regrets.I am just 2 weeks out. My friend had the same surgery you are having she is 5 months out and doing fantastic so are both her parents. I want you to feel at easy because I also felt unsure and I am so happy I stay with Dr Buchin. I wish you the best and good luck.
inmyownskin
on 10/13/11 12:25 am - Westbury, NY
Thank you soooo much!!! My first surgeon wasn't the greatest but they all started out so nice. So it is very good to hear that patients of Dr. Buchin are still happy with him after surgery.  I am very nervous about going in on Monday for surgery, but I have my final preop appt with Dr. Buchin tomorrow afternoon.  As far as insurance they know their stuff. I am so shocked they got me approved with only 2 months of a pre-op diet!!!! Good luck with you surgery and thank you so much for replying.

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/14 2:37 am - United Kingdom

Please refer to my website wwwinvest4wellness.com I am an adult nurse practitioner who counsel postop bariatric adults who want to lose weight and make healthy lifestyle changes. I accept sliding scale cash payments for financial hardships. 7185518440 [email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics