Conference Fitness

Sheri A.
on 10/11/11 9:49 am
I am 75 miles away in NJ and am excited to be attending the conference in less than 2 weeks. I will be away from my regular gym routine and want to know if any of my Long Island bariatric friends can get someone in to do yoga and/or zumba to get us moving in the AM or PM.....I'll be arriving early Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday. I would pay up to $10 a class. Any suggestions???? I am NOT a walker, too boring!
Maryellen R.
on 10/13/11 11:15 pm - Sayville, NY
 I like the idea but not sure how easy it would be to get a secured location, maybe talk to [email protected] and if she can get location and time set, I can suggest a few local zumba instructors,  let me know.
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Sheri A.
on 10/14/11 10:44 am
Kim is working on it...she has a teacher but needs to find a place to have it. I'd be willing to have yoga also if you know of anyone.
Maryellen R.
on 10/15/11 10:23 pm - Sayville, NY
 Hi Sheri,

Gina Sloof, A very successful, AWESOME lapbander & motivational LIPO member, confirmed to me at LIPO's Xtreme Bowling Fundraiser this past Friday night, that she will be doing the ZUMBA classes for OH!   Although at that time (and I just double checked the scheduled today...Sunday, 10/16  am) the time has not been noted.  

So check the agenda regularly as I'm sure it will be updated as there have been a few changes since the original schedule was posted).

See you there!

HUGS

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Father Don
on 10/14/11 11:49 am - Charleston, SC
There will be Zumba - possibly 2 classes.

Gina Sloof will be leading them...Thanks Gina!!!!

There will be a place in the hotel....

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Sheri A.
on 10/15/11 11:10 pm
can't wait! thank you thank you!
Richbehr
on 10/16/11 12:59 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
I've never done Zumba before. I'm not exactly graceful, and was planning on working out in the fitness center.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

liesehaley
on 10/17/11 3:08 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
it would be great to have Certified Trainers [fellow wlsers] there to ask questions on how to maximize our workouts.
Most Active
Recent Topics