Insurance questions

kmholmes07
on 11/12/11 11:09 pm - NY
Hey everyone. So I called my doctors office last week and they still haven't sent the letter over to Albany Med for me. I am not sure if I can call Albany Med and at least get started on some other things like the mandatory meetings and what not prior to their letter being sent over. Has anyone had this issue? Also a quick question regarding health insurance. I have NYS Medicaid and Wellcare, has anyone had WLS with these health insurances before? Did they give you a hard time about approving the surgery?
debbie13
on 11/15/11 12:32 pm - Cossayuna, NY
 Are you sure that you need a letter from your primary? Not all plans require primary doctor approval or a referral. Call Albany Med and find out what they need for your plan. If you need to have it bug the crap out his/her office to get it. They will eventually will send it just to get you to stop calling.

You can come to the support group without having started the program. Every Thursday evening, 5:30 - 7:30 in the conference room at the South Clinical Campus where the office is. Come on over and get started on that part of the journey. I'm there almost every week.   

"The road to health will have speed bumps, pot holes, stop signs and asshole drivers that cut you off... but with WLS, never doubt that you will get there."

Resolve never to quit, never to give up, no matter what the situation.--- Jack Nicklaus

kmholmes07
on 11/16/11 10:48 pm - NY
I ended up calling the bariatric program at AMC and they said I can start by going to the 2 mandatory classes I just need to get the extra money to pay for it first and then I am going to come to that and start the support meetings.
Most Active
Recent Topics