Disappointed to get no responses

lovemykids3
on 1/16/12 1:25 am
 well, I came to this site to hopefully get some support from fellow "losers" and patients who have had gastric bypass. I only have a few weeks before my surgery and haven't gotten any responses. It's very depressing. I keep checking everyday and still nothing. Hope I get more results from the support group tonight.
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 8:28 am
Have you tried posting on the main board instead of the local. There isn't much activity here but the people on the main board are very smart. Do not worry they are supportive also.
lovemykids3
on 1/20/12 10:19 am
 Yes I have. Someone suggested posting on the NY message board because I didn't get any responses from the main one either. So I am trying both :)
LinnieJean
on 1/19/12 9:23 am, edited 1/19/12 9:24 am - Watertown, NY
RNY on 03/21/12
Hi! I'm just getting back here after a huge absence. I'm Lin in Watertown. I have not had RNY yet, but will be in a few weeks. When is your surgery and where are you going??

Lin
lovemykids3
on 1/19/12 12:01 pm
 I am having my surgery February 16th at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady NY. I was so hoping to get in touch with other people who have had it done in the same hospital but no luck really. i have seen maybe one other person who posted something a while ago, but nothing recently. When and where is your surgery?

LinnieJean
on 1/23/12 9:46 pm - Watertown, NY
RNY on 03/21/12
Mine is March 21st!! Hopefully there won't be a ton of snow in Saranac Lake that week! 
lovemykids3
on 2/1/12 1:41 am
 Good luck with yours!! :) I know, we'll probably get him with a monster storm! We're due for one! LOL
Susan12803
on 2/4/12 2:55 am - NY
I had my surgery done at Ellis Hospital, November 30th, 2011. Got some good advice for you. 1) Bring some listerine breath spray. You will have a VERY dry mouth and it helps. 2) Walk the hall as much as you can. 15 laps of the unit is one mile, and it really helps. 3) Go to the support group, either at Ellis or we have one in the North Country in Queensbury every third monday from 6:30 to 8. Lean on your doctor's care coordinator at the Bariatric center. I had Dr. Panemanglore and his coordinator Stacey is AWESOME. You can also find me on Facebook, or email me at [email protected] . I look forward to hearing from you and welcome to the loser's club.

jdm511
on 1/20/12 10:04 pm - Ballston spa, NY
I had my surgery almost 4 years ago with Dr Clarke.  The staff at the hospital and the Bariatric Center are great!  I had my surgery on a Thursday afternoon, leak test on Friday and was home before noon on Sat. 

Couple of things for you too keep in mind.  It is really hard to get your liquids and protein in at first, but it becomes much easier.  What tastes good to you know will not necessarily taste good to you post op.  Things tasted very sweet to me afterward, not sure if this was because of the Medifast diet or a result of the surgery. 

One thing that most people experience is a feeling of "what have I done to myself?" or "have I made the biggest mistake in my life?"  For me this only lasted  about 15 to 30 minutes and I have never regretted my decision since. 

Good luck, I am sure you will do fine.  Follow the rules with your post op diet, have some good support systems and you will do very well with this.  Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions.

Jim
lovemykids3
on 1/22/12 10:43 am
 Thank you so much for responding. I was really looking to hear from someone who had Dr. Clarke. I really like him and I'm not that worried but I did want to hear from another one of his patients. I am kind of worried about that whole "what have I done to myself" feeling or "have I made a big mistake", but from what you and a lot of other people are telling me, it doesn't last for long. I hope it doesn't for me either! I am not doing the medifast diet. I am doing the lean& green and have been doing pretty good so far. I was 298 when I frist got weighed on December 28th and am now 279. I would be less if my treadmill was working- waiting for some lubricant so it will work right again in the meantime! I hope my procedure goes as smooth as yours did! Please keep in touch! I have my husband who has been very good about everything and will be there with me for the surgery. Do you know if he will be able to stay in the hospital with me for my stay? I hope so! I will really need him there with me. He is my rock! Well, thank you again. You have made me feel alot better!! :) 
Most Active
Recent Topics