Dr Angstadt

jessielynn0521
on 7/9/12 6:40 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
I am currently searching for a physician to do my revision surgery (lap band to bypass)  I met with Dr Angstadt today & was wondering if any of you have had surgery with him & if you would not mind sharing how you like him as your surgeon

Jessica

ramagirl
on 10/27/12 7:27 am - NY
VSG on 10/03/12
Hi Jessica,
This posting is kind of late. Don't know if you have started the process yet. Dr. Angstandt did my VSG a few weeks ago. Love him but had issues with the office. They are very busy and I had to keep on top of them for insurance approval. They didn't start the process soon enough and I didn't get approval until 48 hrs before surgery. But he is great and the surgeon is the most important part. Had it done at St. Charles. Staff there was excellent.
Bonnie

Mikapooh82
on 12/15/12 1:58 am - Jamaica, NY
DS on 03/18/13

I originally had Lap Band Surgery in '09 with Dr. Holover. This year I became interested in revision to RNY and was referred to Dr. Angstadt because Dr Holover no longer accepts my insurance. I had my 1st consult in early July, submitted all of my paper work to his office in early August. The office didn't send my info to the insurance company until late August!!! I got denied the first time in early Sept. It took another 3 weeks for the doctor at my insurance company and Dr. Angstadt to schedule a peer-to-peer review. I got denied again!!!

Reasons for denial:

1. Dr. Angstadt never submitted proof that I was compliant post-op. He was supposed to send in a record of all of my post-op office visit dates, my weigh-ins to prove I was losing weight the 1st year and the visit notes that show all of my complaints and problems I'm having with the band.

2. Dr. Angstadt never stated in his Letter of Medical Necessity the reasons why I wanted my band removed. This fact is very important for band patients who cannot prove technical failure of the band with an Endoscopy or  UGI.

Moving on...this turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it gave me more time to research and choose a surgery that I feel is a better fit for me. Although he never operated on me, I'm sure he's a great surgeon. The point of this post is to show that no matter how great your surgeon is, he won't be operating on you anytime soon if he doesn't write a great letter on your behalf. You also will be screwed if his clerical staff needs to asked to do certain thing over & over & over again.

Sorry for ranting,

Mika

Most Active
Recent Topics