LAP BAND PATIENTS, PLEASE READ, THKS

M C.
on 10/6/04 2:34 am - NY
Hi Guys the reason why I requested for lap-band patients only, is because I will be going through this procedure very soon. I wanted to ask how do you feel? Or how does your stomach feels with the band? how is your weight loss coming along. Should i expect a dramatic weight loss (like if i were to have the Bypass) oh and regarding diet; does the liquid diet in the begining applies to us? thanks for your information. im sure i will be explained all of these issues, but i would like to know somethings ahead of time ;) marilyn
traceybubbles
on 10/6/04 3:02 am - Syosset, NY
Marilyn, there is a lapband forum you can access from the main page. Im a lapband patient out 8 1/2 weeks from surgery.im down 42lbs since surgery. everyone weight loss is different..dont compare yourself to anyone.im walking daily to keep the weight loss comming at a quicker pace.i did liquids 3 days prior to surgey and only one day post-op.All the best! Tracey
M C.
on 10/6/04 6:53 am - NY
Hi Tracey, I keep looking for the lapband forum but i cant find it? i know everyone is different...but i just found out that you do loose quicker with the bypass surgery. no matter what we all loose the weight but the lapband is somewhat slower paced then open. in which i dont mind at all!!!! as long as i loose and learn to eat well i would be very happy.... marilyn
traceybubbles
on 10/6/04 1:29 pm - Syosset, NY
MArilyn, go to WLS home..then click on the top left forum board till you see surgical types...then click lap band forum...hope this helps. by the way, i am looing quicker then some of my doctors bypass patients.i was scheduled for a RNY until 5 days before the surgery..then it was changed to the lapband.im very happy with my decission. All the Best! Tracey
A S.
on 10/6/04 6:15 am - New York, NY
hi marilyn - i am preparing for the same, but i am still thinking maybe i should have done the RNY. why did you not do the bypass? i am scared of the risks but i am curious too about the band. where do you live?
M C.
on 10/6/04 6:48 am - NY
i havent done anything yet but the Bypas scares me big time! im leaning more towards the Band because if any complications in the future or for some reason this has to be reversed the band is removeable. i dont plan to have any more kids i have two, but i dont avoid it either. With my research i read that if for example if pregnant the band can be loosen and after the birth they can tighten it all over again. its just for my piece of mind, I guess. Just the thought that this can be remove makes me feel safe. im in brooklyn, new york how about you !
Most Active
Recent Topics