Back from Doctor

Dot T.
on 4/3/08 2:37 am - Bartlesville, OK
I still feel bad...  Went to the doctor.  I have allergic rhinitis, otitis media (ear infection), anxiety (so I could get my zoloft refilled), and obesity (I'm having my new doctor send another PCP letter for me with a couple changes on it for my appeal). So, now I'm on Nasacort AQ instead of Nasonex...  I got my Zoloft refilled, I'm on Zyrtec (OTC now) and an antibiotic for my ears. I almost feel like I'm falling apart!  My head is so stuffy, it feels like it is going to explode...  And the sinus headache...  UGH!! As for the appeals process, Michelle asked about...  I have NOT sent anything in yet.  I still don't know the exact reasons for the denial.  I have to wait for the official letter.  Yesterday was a week since I got the denial by phone, so hopefully I'll be getting that letter fast!  I have my appeal letter made, I'm in the process of getting a letter from my new PCP, and I guess it depends on what else they are going to require me to do. I'll let you all know as soon as I know something. Dot
sherrie T.
on 4/3/08 5:12 am - CLAREMORE, OK
Dot hope your feeling better soon. and good luck with the appeal.
sherrie T.
on 4/3/08 5:14 am - CLAREMORE, OK
how old is that pic on your avitar? you look so different in person.
Dot T.
on 4/3/08 7:15 am - Bartlesville, OK
I took it the first week of November. 
Crickett_1
on 4/3/08 6:48 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Dot, Sorry you are so sick. Maybe these meds will kick in and you will feel better soon. Good luck with your appeal, Rita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJ-uIonwvE My Weight loss story 

Shelly H.
on 4/3/08 8:23 am - Norman, OK
I understand. Same here. Every year starting in about November and continuing to May, it's constant sinus headaches and or coughing from sinus drainage due to the cedar trees doing their pollen thing! I'm on Zyrtec, too. It helps, but hasn't cured the situation. I've been on several medications and of all of them, Zyrtec has helped the most. I hope you feel better quickly!  Oh, if you check at your pharmacy, a generic form of Zyrtec is out, too .... it's not nearly as expensive as the name brand. ; )
Blessings and Best Wishes! Shelly

I'm a 52.5 yr. old female with chronic illness ... exercising and riding a bike daily! : )

Dot T.
on 4/3/08 9:07 am - Bartlesville, OK
Yeah, I used to take Zyrtec, but changed to OTC store-brand Claritin because it was cheaper.  Today I bought Walgreens brand of Zyrtec, it was on sale and I had a 5.00 coupon, so I got 30 day supply for 11.00 & change!  woo hoo!
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/08 10:28 am

Ahhhh Dot, I'm giving you an extra hug today.  I lost my precious Dottie this weekend, and now I find a little Dot who is having a tough time....so here, take Dottie's hug............

Now, next time you go to Walgreens, suck it up and spend the 14 bucks to buy a netti pot.  Yes, it's a plastic pot and some saline solution, but it will help keep those sinuses clear and that will help with your ears and general well being.

In the meantime, here's another hug.

Dot T.
on 4/6/08 3:44 am - Bartlesville, OK
I have a netti pot.  I just haven't ever got in a habit of using it regularly :o(
sherrie T.
on 4/3/08 10:45 pm - CLAREMORE, OK
Lots of info on here about sinus junk.. thanks I needed it... Dot hope you feel better soon.. I am gong to try the nettie pot this weekend... and switch to zyrtec.. the scripts I have doesnt help... i thnk its singular (sp?).... just curious does the nose sprays ever make your nose bleed. denise and I both have nasonex and it makes our nose bleed.. and we get sores in our nose... we both stopped using it...
Most Active
Recent Topics