No-shell manicotti = AWESOME!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/09 10:14 am, edited 3/22/09 10:43 am - Yukon, OK

I finally got to try my recipe out and it was AWESOME!!!  It was better than most manicotti in restaurants!  I adjusted the recipe quite a bit to make it friendly to WLS people.  It makes individual cups just the right size for us to eat.

Here it is again for anyone who wants to try it!

No-Shell Manicotti

1 15 ounce container of ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups of lowfat mozzarella
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I like Classico 5 Cheese)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, egg and spices in a bowl.  Add cupcake cups to a muffin pan.  Add a little spaghetti sauce to the bottom of each cup.  Spoon mixture evenly among the 12 cupcake cups.  Make a small indentation in the middle of the cheese mixture.  Spoon spaghetti sauce into the indentation being careful not to overfill.  Cover with aluminum foil.

Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.  Uncover, sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and a pinch of parmesan on top and cook for 5 more minutes.

Makes 12 individual servings

Marsha-Marsha-Marsh
a

on 3/22/09 10:38 am - Durant, OK
Thanks for posting this again Winn.  Since I'm on mushies again, I'm definitely going to try this.  I love manicotti, so I'm sure this will be delicious!

Thanks again!

Marsha

34 lbs. lost before surgery on December 22, 2008.   105 lbs. lost prior to signing up for WLS.
GlitterGal
on 3/22/09 11:23 am - Edmond, OK
Sounds delish and easy to do.  Thanks for the idea!  I hope you are feeling better today!
Crickett_1
on 3/22/09 11:48 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Jay, Sounds Yummo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeJ-uIonwvE My Weight loss story 

kmccrary
on 3/22/09 12:34 pm
That sounds yummy.  I'll have to try it this week and the cupcake pan size sounds perfect for the tiny tummy.

Kim

okiechic7
on 3/23/09 12:56 am - Bethany, OK
I am soooooooooooooooo making this!! I love Italian anything!! The muffin tins makes this so easy to make and freeze. I vacuum seal all of my many meals! Thanks Win!

Kim J.
on 3/23/09 4:02 am - Claremore, OK
Thanks for posting this!  How yummy!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

19 lbs lost before surgery
9/3/09  Full TT, MR, BL, BA, Arm Reduction and Lipo 10-12 lbs skin/fat removed

rroberts
on 3/23/09 6:57 am - Oklahoma City, OK
HIJACK - Hey Jay bro - how ya feeling? I know you were not feeling well last week when I saw you at WW and had the IV's.  Things getting better?????

Thanks for the texts - sorry work had me all busy busy and then basketball....yada yada... 

Ruth

Glitter Text Generator    350/326/173current/159goal
           Certified OH Support Group Leader

COURAGE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF FEAR BUT RATHER   
                               THE ABILITY TO CONTINUE IN THE PRESENCE OF FEAR.

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/09 7:55 am - Yukon, OK
I'm getting better.  Doctor Greg gave me some meds to help and 3 bags of IV fluids rehydrated me.  I'm back at work and feeling much more normal.  I'm trying my best to stay on top of my fluid consumption so it won't happen again.

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate the support.  These crazy complications are NO fun!
rroberts
on 3/23/09 8:39 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I agree - complications are definitely not fun.  The only thing I can say about it is - you definitely figure out later that something may not be right a lot quicker!!  Just listen to your body-it is a big lesson in all of this and will serve you well in the future.

You're doing awesome and you have a great attitude.  Soon you will be able to get moving and things will be even more unbelievable!  I guess that was a well timed post on the dehydration symptoms.  I probably should put that up there once a week during the summer... Like I can remember to do anything once a week!!  

Hang in there, that roller coaster is moving fast!!  R

Glitter Text Generator    350/326/173current/159goal
           Certified OH Support Group Leader

COURAGE IS NOT THE ABSENCE OF FEAR BUT RATHER   
                               THE ABILITY TO CONTINUE IN THE PRESENCE OF FEAR.

Most Active
Recent Topics