Getting depressed

Lisa3756
on 3/23/11 4:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
So...when this process first started for me, I was told I'd need a scope.  I was given a 4-6 week timeframe but definately before the end of March.  I just spoke with the WMC and now they're saying the scope won't happen until "at least" June!!  My referal went in in February. Seriously??  At least 4 months to get a scope? That's ridiculous!  I was told my surgery would probably be May or June!  Now it looks like who knows when it'll be.

I'm really disappointed now.  I know it's worth the wait and all that but it's depressing that it'll be that much longer.

Really bummed...
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Barb L.
on 3/23/11 4:53 am - Toronto, Canada
Hang in there, the time will come sooner than you think.  Don't do the same mistake I did.   Do a lot of reading about the GBS and get all the info you can so you are prepared.  Mine came so fast that I am asking so many questions after my surgery.

Don't worry it is almost April so one month will go so fast
Don't give up.

Sweetpea
needinganewleaseonl
ife

on 3/23/11 5:00 am - Stratford, Canada
Lisa,
Don't get too upset. It will be worth the wait, but in the meantime call the clinic where you have had your first appointments or your own doctor and tell them about the delay with the scope and see if they can find an alternative location where it can be done sooner. I know a few woman at the clinic last time that were able to get some of the tests done almost immediately by asking the clinic to send in the referral. At least one of them at an appointment for the following week at the same hospital where the surgery will be done.

It is worth a try.

Moselle
on 3/23/11 5:02 am, edited 3/23/11 5:03 am - Athens, Canada
I know it's disappointing when you get your hopes up to see the date come and go.  On the bright side the whole process used to take a minimum of a year from referral to surgery. 

I suggest that you just keep looking ahead and take some litle steps in the right direction now that will make your post-surgery life easier. During my year long wait I gave up pop, caffinated coffee and drinking with meals and started to walk with a friend on my lunch breaks.

Remember it's a journey not a destination; you just need to stay on this wl path with the rest of us and trust that eventually we will end up in a healthier place.

Take care and remember it takes more muscles to smile than to frown. Consider it exercise for your cheeks.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Wendy E.
on 3/23/11 5:32 am - Gananoque, Canada
Hey Lisa sorry to hear that. Could you possibly get your scope done some where else? Or is it your surgeon that is doing it? Take care.

Wendy E
MisterDiminishing
on 3/23/11 5:36 am - Windsor, Canada
One of the unfortunate side-effects of this program's popularity is the wait times. One can only be patient.
allmylife4
on 3/23/11 6:00 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12
I know exactly how you feel Lisa. I started this process over 2 yrs ago. I try to keep positive and it works most days. My last follow up appt with the doctor was November, I was told I should have my surgery within the next 3-6 mths and I've yet to meet the surgeon. I know it's hard but use this time to do all you can to educate and prepare yourself for a life changing event. Chin up, it will happen, hopefully very soon. I find the time is now going faster since I've found this forum and get to hear & share everyone's experience. It's not all about me anymore...lol.

Julie    
Lil-Stinker
on 3/23/11 11:17 am
I know how you feel... it's so hard waiting out this process. I go through so many emotions about it. Excitement, joy, anxiety, impatience, anger, indifference, obsession, discouragement, hope. Maybe you could call the clinic and get on a cancellation list - or call every week and see if theres a cancellation that week. The squeeky wheel gets the grease..
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
sam1am
on 3/23/11 11:58 am
 Waiting is very difficult and I feel for all of you waiting now.  Hang it there, you'll get there, then this will seem like a little blip along the way!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Tammy G.
on 3/24/11 1:27 am - Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
 Lisa ask if the place for the scopes, if they have any open scope days and if so to put you on the list..my doctors husband did my scope and he told her would put me in on an open scope day..Maybe they might give you something if you know about the open scope days..not saying it will work but it may..wishing you luck and it will all come together soon :)

Tammy
Referral sent: July 23rd 2010
Orientation,Nurse Practitioner,Dietitian.Psychologist,ECG&Blood Work:November1st&2nd 2010
Ultrasound: November 25th 2010
Scope: December 29th 2010
Internist: January 5th 2011
Surgeon appt and Surgical Education Class March 17th 2011
Surgery: May 26th 2011
 My Beautiful  is my Joy Joy!!! ( Joy D.)
Most Active
Recent Topics