Excited - Dr. Smith at HRRH?

mamaty
on 3/25/11 6:39 am
Talked to HRRH yesterday and today. If I wanted my appointments all in one day I would have been booked mid May. But because I am able to split them up I will have them out of the way in two weeks (except for my last visit I think). So as it stands I go April 1st to meet with Dr. Smith. April 8th I go for the Bypass class and April 11th I meet with Nut & Social Worker.

I noticed on the one form I was sent that is said my meetings are at Humber but my surgery would be at St. Joes. Is this normal.

Also wondering if anyone else on here had Dr. Smith and if it is the same doctor from start to surgery.

Thanks All!

KristieA
on 3/25/11 10:07 am - Orillia, Canada
I just had my surgery this week with Dr. Smith. He and his team are amazing. He had some Residents helping with after care. It was great! I had four doctors checking in on me. I was well taken care of. Your initial appointments will be at the Finch site (after the orientation). The appointment just before surgery will be at his office at St. Joes on the Queensway with your pre-op at the hospital next door. They are kind of connected but not really. The nurse will give you good directions.

St. Joes is definitely an old hospital, but all updated for the most part. The nursing staff were all great. The rooms are small, but you are only there for a couple of days.

I have run into a bit of a snag for my one month follow up. He only works at HRRH once or twice a month so I am having trouble coordinating my appt with him and a nutritionist for the same day and same location. I may have to go back to St. Joes. A bit of a pain to get there etc.

Any questions let me know.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/11 11:15 am - Ontario, Canada
I have my 4month followup with Dr. Smith on April 1st.  Just like the other poster stated, he and his team are great.  The nurses at St.Joes's are very caring and attentive.  All the best!!
treet73
on 3/28/11 10:26 am - Wasaga Beach, Canada
I also had Dr. Smith, and all my other appts (NUT, social worker, etc.) were through the Finch Site as well, and I'd only have to go St. Joe's when I met with the surgeon (once before surgery, once during my month post-op).  His team was made up of 4 doctors who were great, and the nurses at the hospital were fantastic! 

My only 2 complaints were 1)  The construction at the hospital made for a VERY unpleasant stay/rest...it was always noisy and of course they waited until the day of my surgery to do renovations on my floor which made it worse!! and 2) The parking is insane at the hospital because of the renovations.  If you're surgery is first thing in the morning, I'd suggest somebody drop you off early and they can go searching for a parking spot while you're getting prepared for your surgery! lol!! 

Best of luck!!

coconut01
on 3/29/11 9:40 am - Canada
 I had him and it went great!  Feel free to messge me if you have any questions:)
HW- 269.5   SW-255  CW- 128.5   Goal - 130  Lost so far ( including optifast) - 141
Started optifast 15/02/10
Gastric ByPass 01/03/10

Most Active
Recent Topics