HOTELS NEAR TWH

Denise77
on 4/5/11 9:23 pm - Peterborough, Canada
Looking for hotels near TWH that are offering a good rate
Any help?
rand15
on 4/5/11 9:55 pm - Sarnia, Canada
I stayed at the Super 8 downtown when I had to go for appts. I think it was $80 a night and about a 5 min drive to the hospital. Good Luck.
gigglesAlot
on 4/5/11 10:38 pm
I stay at the Super 8 on 222 Spadina.  The hospital rate was $77 last time I was there but it may have gone up a bit.  It's kinda hard to find as it's in a Chinese Mall but well worth it.  It's clean and very close to TWH.  My husband and I park the car and walk to the hospital because it's less hassle.  Parking can be difficult at TWH, especailly later in the morning and the afternoon, so if you can physically walk, then that would be the easiest way to do it.

You will need to produce proof that you have an appointment at TWH in order to get the hospital rate. . . . . so remember to bring your appointment sheet, listing your app. times and that will do the trick.

I hope this helps.  I love TWH and the bariatric team.  Good Luck!
Barb
Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
suzyq0052
on 4/6/11 12:09 am
WE stayed at SUPER 8 on Spadina Ave in early March 2011, the hospital rate is $79 per night + taxes.. its clean, fairly comfy (chairs in room are not to comfy LOL) and close to the hospital.
We left the car parked in the underground garage and if you pay for your parking at the hotel check in desk on checkout, its cheaper than paying for parking at the parking gate at the exit to the parking garage. When you pay for your parking at the hotel desk on checkout, they give you a special slip you insert into the parking gate pay booth along with your parking slip and you are good to go. I believe the "flat rate" for parking, when paid at the hotel reception desk at checkout was $10 per day instead of $16 per day at the checkout gate in the garage.

Breakfast at the hotel (for spouse/partner) is basic continental fare, but its ok.. and if your
spouse/partner likes Chinese food.. the hotel is situated on top of the Chinatown Centre and in the sub-street level you will find two kiosks in the food court that sell 'chinese food' 4 items for $4.. no taxes.. plenty of choices .. dine in or take out.. portions are huge..
My hubby chose take out and had plenty of leftovers to reheat in the microwave in room.
Hotel rooms have small fridge and microwave.

I would recommend Super 8 to anyone who wants a clean hotel at a fair rate.
suzyq0052

wannabeonehotmama
on 4/6/11 10:29 am - Ontario , Canada
The Hotel Isabella, GREAT hotel rate ($60ish!) very tiny rooms, but very adequate for a place to stay...safe area, and a nice little pub downstairs...My mom and I stayed there the night before my surgery, and she stayed on another 2 nights alone, and felt quite safe.  about a $10 cab ride to TWH, and parking was inexpensive compared to other hotels. 

Most Active
Recent Topics