OT- feel like i have been punched in the gut

Kiley39
on 4/10/11 7:46 am - Port Colborne, Canada
ok folks this is waaaay of topic....but i need to vent and am not ready for family and friends just yet.  my husband of 12yrs just walked out on me.  While i was at a baby shower he cleaned his stuff out wiped my computer and left me a "Dear Kiley" letter.  Saying he cannot take care of me anymore.  i had no idea this was coming and am now facing my wls journey alone.......have no idea what comes next. my nerves are raw and i wanna throw up.....thanks for letting me vent
1st referal sent  April 15, 2010  ( it was lost)                 Internist August 11, 2011
2nd referal sent October 24, 2010                               Surgeon meeting Aug18, 2011
info session at St. Joes in Hamilton March 21, 2011   Surgery class Sept 1, 2011
Nurse, dietician, SW appointments June 22, 2011      Pre op October 5,2011
Scope July 15, 2011                                                   Surgery October 12, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 7:53 am, edited 4/10/11 7:53 am - Guelph, Canada
 we may be at opposite ends of the Provence but you are not in this alone! 

Some men just cant handle all the changes and they take cowards way out... they walk...

((((hugs)))) you are not alone... 
Karen M.
on 4/10/11 7:54 am - Mississauga, Canada
I have no words. I can't imagine the hurt you're feeling right now. XO

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kiley39
on 4/10/11 7:56 am - Port Colborne, Canada
i am all by myself with my kitties......i'm numb....thats all
1st referal sent  April 15, 2010  ( it was lost)                 Internist August 11, 2011
2nd referal sent October 24, 2010                               Surgeon meeting Aug18, 2011
info session at St. Joes in Hamilton March 21, 2011   Surgery class Sept 1, 2011
Nurse, dietician, SW appointments June 22, 2011      Pre op October 5,2011
Scope July 15, 2011                                                   Surgery October 12, 2011

Kristen D.
on 4/10/11 8:06 am - Kingston , Canada
My thoughts are with you..hang in there

My Angel is Karen M

Jennifer D.
on 4/10/11 8:16 am
Sorry to hear this Kiley. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. One day at a time...
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
ericaFG
on 4/10/11 8:22 am - Cambridge, Canada
Ok - I'm a "silver lining" kinda lady...so that's the first thing I think of in cases like these. 

My surgeon told me before surgery - Strong marriages get stronger after WLS, weak marriages end.  If you're husband has left you now - well even if he didn't, he probably would have as he saw this whole thing through. 

And for me - it'd be better to get rid of the trash sooner - before it starts to stink up the place.  Any man who would be so weak and cowardly as to sneak out and leave you a Dear Kiley letter...wow.  What a jerk.

Here's the good news - soon you'll be thin and sexy and FREE!!  You'll find yourself a wonderful, worthy man and can have a HAPPY and healthy life!!  And in the meantime, you won't have anyone sabatoging your WL efforts by bringing junk into the house, you won't have to cook for someone else while you're on Optifast or liquid diet....

Join up with your local support group for support during your journey.  I have found my spouse (although he is GREAT) just really didn't understand much of the stuff I am going through - my local group has been a greater support through all of this.

I know it's hard now...but hugs.  Things will get better.  When my first marriage ended I was scared and devasted...but things are SO much better in my current marriage (of 13 years now!), that looking back, I'm actually glad it happened when it did.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Kiley39
on 4/10/11 8:28 am - Port Colborne, Canada
i think that is why i am so blindsided.  We were doing the WLS together.  And one of the things about him was that he fell in love with and married me a 380lbs.  He has his own issues...i know but i'm having a real hard time hating the man that i thought i would spend the rest of my life with just this morning.  Things weren't great its true.  We are experiencing financial issues as well....but i thought it was a typical marriage bump.  He was my best friend whom i did everything with......i completely see your point Erica....but i am just not there yet
ericaFG
on 4/10/11 8:34 am - Cambridge, Canada
My first marriage ended in a similar "shock" situation.  At the time I thought I had no notice...looking back I can see many things that should have/could have tipped me off if I'd been watching closer....

I think of it like there was a sudden heart attack death of someone you loved.  Blindsided.  But when you get some distance (and get over the grieving part), you can see that the  person gave hints of health problems, etc. etc. It was just something that you think would never happen, or ignored out of fear that thinking about WOULD make it happen etc.

Take your time to go through the grieving process.  You'll come out stronger and better in the end.  Don't forget to keep reaching out for support.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Elisabeth G.
on 4/10/11 8:43 am - Windsor, Canada
 Hugs 

Most Active
Recent Topics