Great appointments today

jcasb5
on 5/9/11 10:54 am
At HRRH - met SW and NUT. Both awesome people, very encouraging, thorough and professional. Had a great time.

That's all but the final meeting w surgeon, June 3, and may get date then. Seems like a long time from now, but I'm sure it will go fast. I'm looking forward to it.

I have 2 weeks off in both first of July and August, hope the family vacation isn't cut short??

And advice on how to prepare? I try to postpone till family vacation is done? Will that really set me back?

Love to hear from those just post op that can give some advice.

Cheers!
Kelly D.
on 5/9/11 12:16 pm - Toronto, Canada
Glad to hear your appts. went well.  I found the staff there to be very professional.  I am 6 days post-op RNY with Dr. Lindsay.  I was operated on at St. Josephs in Toronto and discharged last Friday.  One bad night in the hospital that was due to my "lazy lungs" and my oxygen levels were low.  I've been able to eat everything on the full fluid diet and drinking well.  Only pain was a headache that lasted from the recovery room to Mothers Day (have no idea what from, but with Tylenol, it eventually left.  No surgical pain at all.  Went for a long slow walk yesterday by the lake, probably overdid it a little, cause I was a bit tired today.  My hubbie took the week off to take care of me (he's a saint!!) but to be honest, he could probably go back to work tomorrow.  We have a 20 lb terrier and I could walk him easily yesterday.
Remember though, everyone's different, but if you eat and drink what you're told and  eat slowly, that's the best thing you can do for your recovery.
Hope you get your date soon......

Kelly

jcasb5
on 5/9/11 12:26 pm
Awesome! Thanks for the information. I'm glad to hear your time was good, and relatively pain free. I hope for the same.

I hear lots of people say the surgery was pain free, and sticking to the diet helps a lot - thanks for the info!!
northernlight
on 5/9/11 12:52 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Kelly!
Congratulations on having your surgery behind you. It sounds as though you're doing really well although I'm sorry you had such a persistent headache - ouch! It's so encouraging to hear from someone who's newly post-op and to hear how they felt immediately after surgery and throughout the first week, so thanks for sharing your info with us.  Best of luck, Kelly, as you continue on this journey.....

Deb

Determined_Dawn
on 5/9/11 10:42 pm - Canada
Hi there

Don't want to discourage or be a pessimist, but it might be wise to plan for the worst and expect the best.  I am 6 weeks post op...all is well now.  Not that it was terrible, but I was in a ton of pain the first week and still very significant pain in the 2nd week.  My surgery was 5 hours long due to scar tissue issues from my gallbladder surgery 15 yrs ago...so pretty specific as to why I had some complications. 

My point is, I didn't expect that at all...I'm no candy ass and the pain was HUGE.  Thankfully I had my mom here for a full week to babysit me...I couldn't have done it without her.

That being said, everyone is different and you will likely sail right thru and be fine...I would just suggest a plan B just incase.

Best of luck...see ya on the bench!!

Dawn

Most Active
Recent Topics