Support Group in downtown TO?

Kelly D.
on 4/26/11 11:31 pm - Toronto, Canada
Hi, I'm having my surgery next Tuesday, May 3, at St. Josephs in Toronto with Dr. Lindsay.  Does anyone know if there is a support group in downtown Toronto?  Im nervous about the surgery but very determined to "go onward and downward".

Kelly

CanDoItFour
on 4/27/11 2:32 am - Canada
Hi Kelly.  My name is Claire and I live in the Yonge & Lawrence area.  I'd love to be part of a support group in downtown T.O. too - even if it's just the two of us to start.  I'm 9 weeks out, and had my surgery at TWH.  Best thing I ever did!  I totally understand the nervousness.  I felt the same way; but, as I got close to my date, I found that if I focused on how dismal the alternative of continuing without significant weight loss was, it really helped.  Good luck Tuesday, and when you feel up to it post surgery, let's get together for a coffee.  Feel free to stay in touch, and all the very best to you! 
Kelly D.
on 4/27/11 3:05 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi again Claire - sorry I just found all your posts and have read your story.  You've lost a ton of weight already and other than the "cereal ball" issue, sounds like you're managing well.
My husband has been very supportive, my two daughters are really trying but they can't understand why I just can't get disciplined and lose the weight on my own.  I keep saying, "If I could do that, don't you think I would have done it by now?"
Just hubby and I at home now, so meal planning isn't as much of an issue for us.  He's going to eat what I need and I'll prepare mine the way it's needed.  He could stand to lose a few pounds too!!
So glad to hear from someone in my area - I'm at Yonge and Queens Quay.

Kelly

Leanne1
on 4/27/11 2:58 am, edited 4/27/11 2:59 am - Newmarket, Canada
This was posted this morning:

Hello

Just a reminder that we're meeting for cawfee tomorrow night at Tim's on Lakeshore in Clarkson (1785 Lakeshore Rd W) at 6:30 PM. Everyone is welcome - hope to see you there!!

Karen

balou
on 4/27/11 4:58 am - toronto, Canada
hi Kelly
good luck in yoir surgery Tuesday , depending on where you live, I do a support group at driftwood center , its located at jane and shorham .we meet every other wednesday . there is also the scarborough group ,  not sure when they meet .there is a group at toronto western but not sure when they meet   and the mississauga group ,that is meeting tonight . and the york region meeting also  . hope that helps

anna

Cathy F.
on 4/27/11 6:47 am - Canada
Hi Kelly:

Good luck with your surgery next week.  I'll be thinking of you on the 3rd.  There is a support group that meets once a month at Toronto Western Hospital. I don't think its a requirement that you had your surgery there in order to attend, but I'm not sure,  You might ask the admin staff at St. Joe's, they may know or call the baratric clinic at TWH.  Sorry I don't have their number on me.

I live at Bathurst & Queen's Quay and would be happy to get together for a coffee/tea after your surgery.  If you are interested let me know.

Take care and all the best next week.

Cathy
Open_Doors
on 4/27/11 8:34 am - Canada
Is there an email list for Toronto's support group?
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 9:50 am - Toronto, Canada
 I'm pre-op and expect to be waiting for many months still to hear about an orientation session, but I would love to come to a downtown support group and learn from others' experiences.  This question seems to be asked at a regular interval and it makes me think that we should start a downtown discussion group (in addition to whatever is offered by TWH).   I don't have a car and the North York group and Mississauga group are not that convenient for me to get to.

Most Active
Recent Topics