I May Not Get Approval For Surgery

izzyw13
on 5/4/11 9:22 am - Mississauga Ontario, Canada
My cousin had an enlarged heart 2 summers ago..she also has a hole in heart, that was repaired when she was a toddler..
She had surgery on February 8th in Guelph...
Here hoping all goes well..

Isobel....
isobelsmall.gif picture by lynnca1972

northernlight
on 5/4/11 10:56 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Wow! That's really reassurring to hear, Isobel! Good for her. I guess I won't give up hope yet! Thanks for letting me know that.

Deb

ibed
on 5/4/11 9:59 am

deb - get your heart taken care of...it doesn't matter how skinny your are...without a ticker all you get to do is push up daisy's.  i have a pacemaker and have been cleared for surgery.  i was convinced i wouldn't be allowed surgery so it's been a bit of an emotional ride for me during the wait too.  good luck with everything.

northernlight
on 5/4/11 11:00 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
You're absolutely right, of course, ibed! Skinny means nothing if you're not around to enjoy life. Thanks for reminding me about my priorities. It's interesting to know that having a pacemaker didn't disqualify you from surgery - I'm so glad for you! Good luck - I'll be sending positive thoughts your way when the time comes for you!

Deb

debralight
on 5/5/11 2:13 am - Canada
I'd just keep going in the program until the surgeon or internist says "NO".

They double and triple check all the heart stuff anyways.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

northernlight
on 5/5/11 2:25 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
That's exactly what I'm planning on doing! I see the internist next month and I'm sure that he will tell me then if the cardiologist has said that I shouldn't have the surgery. If that's the case, then I plan on bringing up the points that Louise outlined in her post to me. For now, I'll just keep going as normal & continue to really work even harder at losing some weight right now. Thanks for your input - I really appreciate it!

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics